CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Front corner markers removed, how to avoid dash light ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series
Front corner markers removed, how to avoid dash light ?

i got the corner markers painted and then i removed the wedge bulbs. when i turned on the headlights tonight, im getting a light on the dashboard indicating that i have a burned out bulb....

is there any way to fix/trick this ???
Old 10-18-2010, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Crossfire SRT-6
Originally Posted by Goliath337
i got the corner markers painted and then i removed the wedge bulbs. when i turned on the headlights tonight, im getting a light on the dashboard indicating that i have a burned out bulb....

is there any way to fix/trick this ???

You could get the proper resistor(from Radio Shack) to fool the car into thinking it has a good bulb.............or you could just plug the bulb back in and zip tie it off out of the way(where it won't touch and burn anything). You would also have to make sure it's in a spot that won't be visible from any bumper openings when you hit the turn signal. I did that when I shaved the side markers off my Crossfire's front bumper and have no issues or weird glowing.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:04 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by moparrbust
You could get the proper resistor(from Radio Shack) to fool the car into thinking it has a good bulb.............or you could just plug the bulb back in and zip tie it off out of the way(where it won't touch and burn anything). You would also have to make sure it's in a spot that won't be visible from any bumper openings when you hit the turn signal. I did that when I shaved the side markers off my Crossfire's front bumper and have no issues or weird glowing.
Good post - I did the same thing to mine. Left the bulbs in place and zip tied them away from other wiring and behind something so you cannot see the lght thru the bumper openings or coolers up front.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CLK BS
Originally Posted by LZH
Good post - I did the same thing to mine. Left the bulbs in place and zip tied them away from other wiring and behind something so you cannot see the lght thru the bumper openings or coolers up front.
I did the same. If the entire corner marker including the edges are all well painted, even if you put the light in it shouldn't show up.