CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

supercharger, jcart

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BENZO
supercharger, jcart

Having been reading about this supercharger for as long and as many times as I did the new "radio silence" from the part of jcart stinks!

I was really excited to read about and see some videos and numbers regarding the mod. Without the result and ensuing talk this board is getting dull. LOok at how many posts have been made pre sc going in and after the bs down on the 5 post.....

jcart i think this board needs you back!!
Old 04-18-2011, 10:44 AM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
1990 300ce supercharged and intercooled
He has been posting on the c63 forum. 640+whp and wheel slip on the dyno.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
640rwhp and 638 tq and the tires were losing traction on the rollers and hopping, they even sat two guys in the trunk while on the dyno to try to get it to stick but it did not help. I posted the dyno sheet last week over in the C63 section. If they can get it to grip on the rollers they are guestimating in the ballpark of 700rwhp. I have not been posting much becuase I have not driven or seen the car in a couple weeks so I don't have much to say. Weistec finished up the instal and Steve from Weistec says it's a monster and it's running great. I am flying back out to California this Wednesday afternoon. I was planning on attending a track day event on Friday at Fontana so I could post some real world results but that event got cancelled so now I am trying to work out a private rental by myself.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Porsche 996 gt3 cup, 09 Audi R8
^^^SOUNDS LIKE AN ANIMAL!
Old 04-19-2011, 12:33 AM

BENZO
wow

that is great news, good luck those are unreal numbers!
Old 04-19-2011, 07:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 959 Likes on 576 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
Originally Posted by jrcart
640rwhp and 638 tq and the tires were losing traction on the rollers and hopping, they even sat two guys in the trunk while on the dyno to try to get it to stick but it did not help. I posted the dyno sheet last week over in the C63 section. If they can get it to grip on the rollers they are guestimating in the ballpark of 700rwhp. I have not been posting much becuase I have not driven or seen the car in a couple weeks so I don't have much to say. Weistec finished up the instal and Steve from Weistec says it's a monster and it's running great. I am flying back out to California this Wednesday afternoon. I was planning on attending a track day event on Friday at Fontana so I could post some real world results but that event got cancelled so now I am trying to work out a private rental by myself.
Can you estimate how much of the gain in whp/torque is due to the S/C alone since your car was highly modified prior to the install?
Perhaps it will have to wait until someone with a stock BS dynos the car after the S/C install.
Bish
Old 04-19-2011, 08:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by thebishman
Can you estimate how much of the gain in whp/torque is due to the S/C alone since your car was highly modified prior to the install?
Perhaps it will have to wait until someone with a stock BS dynos the car after the S/C install.
Bish
I think Steve from Weistec would have that answer because his C63 is basically stock with SC and tune if I am not mistaken. Also Earls (ecampbell) BS is also running the Weistec SC, his car has longtubes and is making an impressive 550rwhp with the SC. I think the biggest difference between my carand Earls is that my car is running the Weistec race ported eads and SLS cams and cat delete,

Trending Topics

Old 04-19-2011, 08:50 AM

-
any hi res pics of the engine bay?
Old 04-19-2011, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2008 BS
jiaim

pics of the engine bay are in the thread 'she lives'
Old 04-19-2011, 12:42 PM

-
Originally Posted by ecampbell
jiaim

pics of the engine bay are in the thread 'she lives'

thanks, noticed them too bad mbw allows only 800*600 pics, it should have autoresize feature...
Old 04-19-2011, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
Originally Posted by thebishman
Bish
I have a stock BS and will be doing a before and after dyno so will be ablt ot better identify the exact gains from SC. I am based in Australia so will have an ECU program desgined for 98RON fuel which Weistec believe will yield 25hp more than the US fuel based ECU tune based on their testing. Anyway the SC is now in Australia the before dyno is being done this week apparently and the SC will be fitted in the coming 2 weeks approximately and then dynoed after that. I have just bought new wheels from HRE capable of running a 305 tyre on rear so will have the chance to actually get some of that power to the road!
Old 04-20-2011, 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 959 Likes on 576 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
Originally Posted by Maverick1975
I have a stock BS and will be doing a before and after dyno so will be ablt ot better identify the exact gains from SC. I am based in Australia so will have an ECU program desgined for 98RON fuel which Weistec believe will yield 25hp more than the US fuel based ECU tune based on their testing. Anyway the SC is now in Australia the before dyno is being done this week apparently and the SC will be fitted in the coming 2 weeks approximately and then dynoed after that. I have just bought new wheels from HRE capable of running a 305 tyre on rear so will have the chance to actually get some of that power to the road!
Great to hear. Waiting on the results.

Bish