CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

AMG CLK63BS Serial Number Sequence

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 02:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WHT BS
I for one am extremely happy that they came out with the new C63 black series. Just like most movie sequels, the second and third variations never live up to the first one. I think that the C63 BS will definitley help raise the market Value of the CLK BS now and in the future.
In regards to production numbers for the C63 coupe or BS, I am sure that they are and have made more than 700 units. I was at a car meet this last sunday and there were 7 of them at the meet.
Anyway, i dont care if they made 500 or 502 or 500 million CLK BS, I love this car and I am going to keep this one until right before i kick the bucket.....
Old 05-03-2012, 09:23 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by Eitan1
I for one am extremely happy that they came out with the new C63 black series. Just like most movie sequels, the second and third variations never live up to the first one. I think that the C63 BS will definitley help raise the market Value of the CLK BS now and in the future.
In regards to production numbers for the C63 coupe or BS, I am sure that they are and have made more than 700 units. I was at a car meet this last sunday and there were 7 of them at the meet.
Anyway, i dont care if they made 500 or 502 or 500 million CLK BS, I love this car and I am going to keep this one until right before i kick the bucket.....
Very well said!! I couldn't have said it any better myself about the sequel part and how the second and third never live up to the first one. I also think you are right about the C63BS helping to keep the market price of the CLK BS up...and in that case, yes...me too, I am very glad they came up with the C63BS. Btw, I am also keeping my CLK BS until I kick the bucket as well. I've got it in silver color, which I love...but, hopefully I can get my hands later-on, on another CLK BS in different color (red). Two CLK BSs one parked next to the other in my garage sounds good enough to me.

Last edited by CLK_63_Black; 05-03-2012 at 09:25 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
Out of curiosity have you guys tried the C63 BS? Everyone I know, including myself, who have owned both cars are very happy with the C. For me, the C is a slightly better car than the CLK. both are awesome machines, and both will continue to depreciate.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 CLK 63 Black Series, 2013 G63, 2014 RS5 Coupe, 2013 JKUR 10A
Originally Posted by rage2
Out of curiosity have you guys tried the C63 BS? Everyone I know, including myself, who have owned both cars are very happy with the C. For me, the C is a slightly better car than the CLK. both are awesome machines, and both will continue to depreciate.
If the CBS is at best a slightly better car, but is also in my opinion a less attractive looking car, then there is absolutely no incentive for me to replace my CLKBS with the CBS.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
Originally Posted by ET550
If the CBS is at best a slightly better car, but is also in my opinion a less attractive looking car, then there is absolutely no incentive for me to replace my CLKBS with the CBS.
Purely from a drivability standpoint, the biggest difference is the transmission. The shifts sound completely different (upshifts and obviously downshifts with the blip), a nice secondary effect of the transmission. Other than that, the other changes are aesthetics. You have a much more modern and functional interior especially with 4 seats, but you lose the 4 windows down feeling of the CLK. like you said, exterior is subjective.

You can't go wrong with either car, I just found it interesting that some feel the CBS didn't live up to the CLKBS.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 CLK 63 BS
[quote=CLK_63_Black;5174654]Here is a pic of another CLK Black in blue color off of the flickr (probably not the same CLK Black as the one you saw), even though blue is not an OEM paint. Blue does appear to be a very nice color for the CLK Black. I am guessing the brilliant blue tone though you saw would look even better.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/robbert...n/photostream/

That's my car, guys. And it IS an OEM color (mystic blue metallic). Took a bit of convincing to get AMG to deliver the car in that color, but in the end they did. And yes, it look nice. Very nice, actually !
The following users liked this post:
blackbenzz (07-20-2021)
Old 05-22-2012, 09:48 AM

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts
AMG GT C Roadster
[quote=AMGHans;5206923]
Originally Posted by CLK_63_Black
Here is a pic of another CLK Black in blue color off of the flickr (probably not the same CLK Black as the one you saw), even though blue is not an OEM paint. Blue does appear to be a very nice color for the CLK Black. I am guessing the brilliant blue tone though you saw would look even better.

That's my car, guys. And it IS an OEM color (mystic blue metallic). Took a bit of convincing to get AMG to deliver the car in that color, but in the end they did. And yes, it look nice. Very nice, actually !
Not really an OEM color. Performance Studio may have done that for you prior to delivery.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:04 PM

1999 E55 AMG
Hey so was that you I saw in westlake Village a few weeks ago then? Beautiful car!

[quote=AMGHans;5206923]
Originally Posted by CLK_63_Black
Here is a pic of another CLK Black in blue color off of the flickr (probably not the same CLK Black as the one you saw), even though blue is not an OEM paint. Blue does appear to be a very nice color for the CLK Black. I am guessing the brilliant blue tone though you saw would look even better.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:50 PM

Received 70 Likes on 42 Posts
AMG GTS, Ford Raptor and Tesla Model 3 dual motor
AMGHans I love the color.....alot
Old 05-23-2012, 03:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 CLK 63 BS
[quote=roguewrester;5207367]Hey so was that you I saw in westlake Village a few weeks ago then? Beautiful car!

It wasn't me you saw, I live on the other side of the big pond in a mini-country called the Netherlands . . .