CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Help, Where is my ECU Located?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 08:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10 Cayenne GTS, 07 Porsche 911 Turbo
Help, Where is my ECU Located?

In preparation for my 07 CLK 63 Cab ECU reflash I followed the ECU removal instructions and pictures sent me by Powerchip. After removing the two cover panels on the drivers side near the wipers (ok so far) I could not locate the "silver ECU with the two connectors attached to it." All I found was what appears to be a mother board with at least five small black, yellow and one gray modules (all stamped Hella), a lot of fuses and a wiring harness. I was uncomfortable with removing what I saw because it did not look like an ECU which based upon previous experience, is a lot larger so I called Powerchip and they could not help (IMO their instructions are wrong and may be for another car). Does anyone know where is the CLK 63 ECU is located?
Old 06-28-2011, 03:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Whatever we're tuning!
It is located on the driver side between the windshield and firewall. There is a plastic cover that has 2 slides that will unlock the cover. You will see a closed lock and an open lock. Just slide the tabs to the unlock position. The ECU will have a large connector and another smaller connector. You need to release the tabs where the ECU slides down into its original position to move the ECU up. Then you will be able to slide the connectors locking tab to remove the electrical harness. Sounds a little confusing but if you are looking at it it will all make sense.

You are sending your ECU to a company that can't even help you remove your ECU? And you trust their tuning? Caveat Emptor!
Old 06-29-2011, 11:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10 Cayenne GTS, 07 Porsche 911 Turbo
Thanks, I located the ECU but I can't get the two wiring harnesses to release after releasing the clips. I'm mechanically challenged, know my limitations and don't like to pry/force anything if I'm not sure of the outcome. BTW, when I was on the phone with Powerchips they assumed I had removed the two harnesses when in fact I had not. It was my fault for not explaining clearly what I was seeing/doing and it was their fault for assuming I knew what I was talking about.