CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Brake Fluid Cover Removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 07:23 PM

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts
AMG GT C Roadster
Brake Fluid Cover Removal

OK, maybe it's just me, but I can't get the damn drain cover removed which hides the brake fluid reservoir. I've got the cover disconnected from the side retainer and screws are free, but no matter how I twist it, the cover does not want to clear the rigid line and strut bar which are both in the way of removing it completely.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:09 PM

AMG GT C Roadster
No ideas? 174 people read this thread so far, and I know at least some of you actually have either added brake fluid or used a power bleeder at the reservoir...
Old 07-29-2011, 06:47 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
I hope you appreciate my effort ...... Had to take the car cover off just for you

Mine came off in 5 sec. flat. Turn both clips to the left, than pull cover up first where the clips are about an inch and a half and pull cover towards the windshield to clear the strut tower brace.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:46 PM

AMG GT C Roadster
Thanks, but mine must be different then. There is a solid hydraulic line that's in the way of me pulling it out (besides the strut brace above it). The drain cup on the cover keeps getting caught on it. I'll have to take a video or pic of it to compare others.