CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

The Modification We Have ALL Been Waiting For !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 63 AMG BS
+1 on that jim, i would do it if its local, also what about support incase something doesnt work later, will need more details, and testing as well, how much testing have they done.. also we all should look in to a group buy, not sure if it is appropriate here. Also what is that hardware they are adding.

Originally Posted by jrcart
I think the logistics is going to make it very difficult. If they are doing this the way I think they are doing this I assume they need hardware/special ODB tool to do this. I doubt they are going tolet the tool out of their site. If this becomes reality and we want it here in the states I would assume they would have to do on-site regional tunes. Either that or each one of us foot the bill not only for the tune itself but to fly the tech to each of our home towns.

Don't hold me to that quote but I'm fearful that's going to be the reality, either that or they set up US distributors/resellers that can purchase the hardware/tool.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:43 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
how sweet.....for sure one of the only things that car is missing...

I wonder if I can contact the company that is doing the tcu tuning and resell....we most likely have all the hardware to do the programming as we do the other amg's just don't have a file for the black.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by loungn14
how sweet.....for sure one of the only things that car is missing...

I wonder if I can contact the company that is doing the tcu tuning and resell....we most likely have all the hardware to do the programming as we do the other amg's just don't have a file for the black.
Make a call...you know where you can find me.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
Are there any developments on this front?
Old 12-05-2011, 10:25 AM

CLK AMG BLACK SERIES (among other German things)
Car is there now , im at Affalterbach to spec my c 63 coupe black series and will be popping in to visit the car and get update .
ill have the car back in january .
Old 12-07-2011, 12:11 AM

Amg Clk 63 Black Series
Im in Fingers Crossed for a good result

[quote=Maverick1975;4920537]Maybe we should assemble a headcount of people who are ex-Europe who would like to see an option to purchase this upgrade shoud it in fact work. Would be good to go these guys and say hey, there are a dozen customers already and waiting lets make a deal.

1. Maverick1975 in
2.Shuttie in
4.Im in always annoyed me we couldnt pay to get what we wanted from AMG
Like most of us the attention on the track is good for AMG. It seems harder in Australia
Old 12-07-2011, 04:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 CLK 63 BS
Originally Posted by WTDoom
Car is there now , im at Affalterbach to spec my c 63 coupe black series and will be popping in to visit the car and get update .
ill have the car back in january .

If you own a CLK BS already, why would you buy a C BS also ? You're planning to collect the entire BS-range ?
Old 12-07-2011, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by AMGHans
If you own a CLK BS already, why would you buy a C BS also ? You're planning to collect the entire BS-range ?
Not sure what you find so funny about a current CLK owner wanting the latest and greatest offering from the AMGBS performance arm....

WT Doom- look forward to hearing your review and updates.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:31 PM

CLK AMG BLACK SERIES (among other German things)
No , only the CLK , C coupe and SLS variants .

Originally Posted by transferred
WT Doom- look forward to hearing your review and updates.
Ill keep you posted , will have more news in a week .
Old 12-07-2011, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I've got one on order as well. I could give you a list as long as my arm as to why I'm going to buy another BS but I will list only the top coupe reasons.

1) the CLK BS is one of the most reliable cars I've ever owned.

2) the CLK BS was/is very impressive and the new C63 BS looks to be even more impressive.

3) the new C63 BS is a relative bargain at $105k base and $140K fully loaded including desgno paint option. The one I ordered actually priced out a couple thousand bucks less than my 2008 including the $14k CF and Aero pkg and $7k track package.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:41 AM

2008 CLK 63 BS
I've got one on order as well. I could give you a list as long as my arm as to why I'm going to buy another BS but I will list only the top coupe reasons.

1) the CLK BS is one of the most reliable cars I've ever owned.

2) the CLK BS was/is very impressive and the new C63 BS looks to be even more impressive.

3) the new C63 BS is a relative bargain at $105k base and $140K fully loaded including desgno paint option. The one I ordered actually priced out a couple thousand bucks less than my 2008 including the $14k CF and Aero pkg and $7k track package.
Had a close look at spex of the C BS, which in the departments that matter (horsepower, torque, power-to-weight ratio etc.) seems to suggest they are materially the same as those of the CLK BS, there donot seem to be any noteworthy differences between the two. Why are you considering the C BS could/would be "even more impressive" ?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking you this to nag you, just curious.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
Had a close look at spex of the C BS, which in the departments that matter (horsepower, torque, power-to-weight ratio etc.) seems to suggest they are materially the same as those of the CLK BS, there donot seem to be any noteworthy differences between the two. Why are you considering the C BS could/would be "even more impressive" ?
A new generation gearbox with throttle blipping is one extraordinary improvement, the importance of which just cannot be overestimated. Throw in an additional 4 years worth of technological advancements in all sorts of areas and you have your answers
Old 12-08-2011, 07:29 AM

2008 CLK 63 BS
Originally Posted by Maverick1975
A new generation gearbox with throttle blipping is one extraordinary improvement, the importance of which just cannot be overestimated. Throw in an additional 4 years worth of technological advancements in all sorts of areas and you have your answers
Seems we have different views on the significance of the improvements on the C BS vs the CLK BS, I consider them rather marginal. Unless the car would be run in some sort of competition/championship, where every 1/10 of a second counts.

And for throttle blipping : WTDoom apparently found a way to get a CLK BS up-to-date in that department. Such update only costs a fraction of a new C BS. Works for me.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

First off, I just want a new car and I have personal reasons for wanting another BS. My oldest son (4 yrs old now) will be getting my CLK when he is old and mature enough to handle it and my youngest son will be getting the C63 BS.

I'm not sure what you were looking at but the info I have in my possesion from MB/AMG says the car is a couple hundred pounds lighter, slight increase of power output, lighter forged engine internals far better aero package and it lapped the Ring a rumored 7.5 seconds faster than the old CLK BS(there are lots of Ring number being tossed around on this forum as well as other online sites but the 7.5 number seems legit)

...oh ya, and it has a back up camera
Old 12-08-2011, 11:50 AM

2008 CLK 63 BS
First off, I just want a new car and I have personal reasons for wanting another BS. My oldest son (4 yrs old now) will be getting my CLK when he is old and mature enough to handle it and my youngest son will be getting the C63 BS.

I'm not sure what you were looking at but the info I have in my possesion from MB/AMG says the car is a couple hundred pounds lighter, slight increase of power output, lighter forged engine internals far better aero package and it lapped the Ring a rumored 7.5 seconds faster than the old CLK BS(there are lots of Ring number being tossed around on this forum as well as other online sites but the 7.5 number seems legit)

Re weight : will (re)check the official brochure for the European version of the C BS at home tonite, but think the difference with the CLK BS is about 60 KILOS or 3.5 percent. That's equivalent to about 130 lbs, right ?

The C BS has 10 more horsepower (517 vs 507) and 20 Nm less torque (620 vs 630). That translates into a 0,1 sec better 0-100 km/h time (4.2 vs 4.3 seconds). Don't know what the effect on the Nurburg-laptime is.

As to yr sons : what if it appears over time they don't share yr enthousiasm for BSs and prefer to have Porsches / Corvettes / Lambo's instead . . . ? the horror . . . !
Old 12-08-2011, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re weight : will (re)check the official brochure for the European version of the C BS at home tonite, but think the difference with the CLK BS is about 60 KILOS or 3.5 percent. That's equivalent to about 130 lbs, right ?

The C BS has 10 more horsepower (517 vs 507) and 20 Nm less torque (620 vs 630). That translates into a 0,1 sec better 0-100 km/h time (4.2 vs 4.3 seconds). Don't know what the effect on the Nurburg-laptime is.

As to yr sons : what if it appears over time they don't share yr enthousiasm for BSs and prefer to have Porsches / Corvettes / Lambo's instead . . . ? the horror . . . !
Well their grandpa is into Corvettes and if they don't like the BS's they can buy their own cars I guess. As for Lambos, they are smarter than that, they don't even like Lambo toys LOL.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:50 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series

I doubt that ... especially the US version. Since it comes standard with a panoramic roof, which will add about a 150 pounds at the highest point of the car, it's not going to be a great handler either. No matter how much more grip the newly developed Dunlop's will provide, or how much downforce the new aero package will produce, at the track it's all about weight and a low center of gravity. As usual, Europeans will get the better car.

However, knowing you, the roof will be replaced with carbon fiber and the stock seats which offer zero lateral support will be exchanged.

As for Ring' times ... it will be faster than the CLK. No doubt, but only with a car that has all the right equipment. Preliminary factory lap times for the 'Ring and Laguna Seca are, well preliminary and in my opinion very optimistic. There is a video floating around here somewhere where the C63 BS follows an SLS at Laguna. It can keep up, but it's nowhere near the same level as the SLS ... granted the SLS was driven by Jochen Mass, but he's also 65 years old!
Old 12-08-2011, 03:34 PM

CLK Black
Originally Posted by SMP
I doubt that ... especially the US version. Since it comes standard with a panoramic roof, which will add about a 150 pounds at the highest point of the car, it's not going to be a great handler either. No matter how much more grip the newly developed Dunlop's will provide, or how much downforce the new aero package will produce, at the track it's all about weight and a low center of gravity. As usual, Europeans will get the better car.

However, knowing you, the roof will be replaced with carbon fiber and the stock seats which offer zero lateral support will be exchanged.

As for Ring' times ... it will be faster than the CLK. No doubt, but only with a car that has all the right equipment. Preliminary factory lap times for the 'Ring and Laguna Seca are, well preliminary and in my opinion very optimistic. There is a video floating around here somewhere where the C63 BS follows an SLS at Laguna. It can keep up, but it's nowhere near the same level as the SLS ... granted the SLS was driven by Jochen Mass, but he's also 65 years old!
I really do love reading all the expert comments on this site.

So, since the car will have a pano roof you have writen it off as a good handler? I beg to differ with your thought process, much more mechanical grip and much more downforce can easily overcome a slightly higher center of gravity.

Sure the Europeans will get a better car as it will have a slightly lower center of gravity and will be a bit lighter. But this has been going on at Porsche with the RS for ever.

For 99.9% of us out there, Driving School will be way more important than the pano roof in our lap times.

I don't understand, If the C Black can keep up with an SLS at Laguna Seca driven by Jochen Mass, how is that not impressive? Who was driving the C Black and where can we see he video?

I am happy the car is coming pano roof or not and I expect it will be a better car than my 3 year old CLK Black. Just call me crazy.

This coming from a guy that now feels bad about calling his kid ugly.

Old 12-08-2011, 03:46 PM

CLK Black
Found the video, Im not impressed either as this looks like a journalist on a press drive. Can't tell anything about the C Black compared to the SLS.

Looks like a 1:42 lap booooooo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjE9u...Q&feature=plcp

Last edited by AMG Dictator; 12-08-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:20 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by AMG Dictator
I really do love reading all the expert comments on this site.

So, since the car will have a pano roof you have writen it off as a good handler? I beg to differ with your thought process, much more mechanical grip and much more downforce can easily overcome a slightly higher center of gravity.

Sure the Europeans will get a better car as it will have a slightly lower center of gravity and will be a bit lighter. But this has been going on at Porsche with the RS for ever.

For 99.9% of us out there, Driving School will be way more important than the pano roof in our lap times.

I don't understand, If the C Black can keep up with an SLS at Laguna Seca driven by Jochen Mass, how is that not impressive? Who was driving the C Black and where can we see he video?

I am happy the car is coming pano roof or not and I expect it will be a better car than my 3 year old CLK Black. Just call me crazy.

This coming from a guy that now feels bad about calling his kid ugly.

Well, I'm not impressed by you, a kid, who gets his information from the internet. I already called you out once, remember, never heard from you again. This time, before you reply, make sure you want to travel down this road again. Last time you sent me a PM because you couldn't stand the heat. How old are you again? Exactly!

I owned a few Porsche's ... but they NEVER produced a GT3 RS with a targa roof. Get it? Nothing, and I mean nothing will compensate for weight, especially at the highest point of the car when it comes to handling. I emphasize on handling, as horse power/torque will compensate for straight line acceleration.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:39 PM

CLK Black
Originally Posted by SMP
Well, I'm not impressed by you, a kid, who gets his information from the internet. I already called you out once, remember, never heard from you again. This time, before you reply, make sure you want to travel down this road again. Last time you sent me a PM because you couldn't stand the heat. How old are you again? Exactly!

I owned a few Porsche's ... but they NEVER produced a GT3 RS with a targa roof. Get it? Nothing, and I mean nothing will compensate for weight, especially at the highest point of the car when it comes to handling. I emphasize on handling, as horse power/torque will compensate for straight line acceleration.

Is that you again? How sweet of you to remember. What exactly are you going to call me out on this time? Same as last time, all I do is offer my opinions. I'm so sorry that I must have hit a nerve as I dared to challenge one of your opinions on a forum.

Do you even read my posts before you comment? I never said or implied that Porsche made a targa GT3 RS. I said lower center of gravity and lighter as in racing seats and plexi rear windows for other markets while we get the porkier versions.

Sure, no ammount of grip or downforce will overcome mounting a 1000 pound weight on the top of the roof of a C Black. But we are not talking about that much weight are we. Do we even know what the pano roof ads in weight to the C Black? Nope. Do we all agree that adding weight to the top of the car is the worst possible place? Yes. Does the Pano roof mean the C Black won't handle well? You say yes, I say no. The only real reference we have is the C63 Coupe and at the AMG Driving Academy it handled pretty well and it had a Pano roof so I can only imagine this will handle much better.

Last time I sent you a PM because you were acting like a child and I thought the forum was better spared the drama but since you thrive on it. This time I will save the PM, you are acting like a child again.

If your thoughts are that I am a little kid and that I don't own a CLK Black, then I will make you the same offer that I made the last time someone tried to call me out. I'll be happy to prove it but if I do, the moderators close your account and you never post here again. If I can't, the moderators can close my account and I will never post on mbworld again.

Have a great afternoon!

Back to your regularly scheduled discussions. Nothing to see here.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:52 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by AMG Dictator
Is that you again? How sweet of you to remember. What exactly are you going to call me out on this time? Same as last time, all I do is offer my opinions. I'm so sorry that I must have hit a nerve as I dared to challenge one of your opinions on a forum.

Do you even read my posts before you comment? I never said or implied that Porsche made a targa GT3 RS. I said lower center of gravity and lighter as in racing seats and plexi rear windows for other markets while we get the porkier versions.

Sure, no ammount of grip or downforce will overcome mounting a 1000 pound weight on the top of the roof of a C Black. But we are not talking about that much weight are we. Do we even know what the pano roof ads in weight to the C Black? Nope. Do we all agree that adding weight to the top of the car is the worst possible place? Yes. Does the Pano roof mean the C Black won't handle well? You say yes, I say no. The only real reference we have is the C63 Coupe and at the AMG Driving Academy it handled pretty well and it had a Pano roof so I can only imagine this will handle much better.

Last time I sent you a PM because you were acting like a child and I thought the forum was better spared the drama but since you thrive on it. This time I will save the PM, you are acting like a child again.

If your thoughts are that I am a little kid and that I don't own a CLK Black, then I will make you the same offer that I made the last time someone tried to call me out. I'll be happy to prove it but if I do, the moderators close your account and you never post here again. If I can't, the moderators can close my account and I will never post on mbworld again.

Have a great afternoon!

Back to your regularly scheduled discussions. Nothing to see here.
We have a deal!

But you never came through the last time, so I guess this time it's not going to be any different .
Old 12-08-2011, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SMP

roof is going to be the first thing on the list to get upgraded. It will have a full cf roof just like my CLK. I'm eyeing the Sparco DTM seats that Brad has listed, I have the same seats in my CLK and I like them. As for the Ring times I was only attempting to point out some improvement over the CLK.Bottom line the new C BS is a bargain IMO and I need a new project.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I think this is the first time I have not be involved in a "call out challenge" LOL.

But let's get back to that video, thanks for posting. Is is just me or does it appear the BS is severly outbraking the SLS but then getting owned on exit? His entrance appears impressive but he must be scrubbing too much speed or something because he's getting pulled hard.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:13 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
roof is going to be the first thing on the list to get upgraded. It will have a full cf roof just like my CLK. I'm eyeing the Sparco DTM seats that Brad has listed, I have the same seats in my CLK and I like them. As for the Ring times I was only attempting to point out some improvement over the CLK.Bottom line the new C BS is a bargain IMO and I need a new project.
I knew you would ... it will make a big difference, as you know. Not sure if you sat in a C63 BS yet, but the stock seats are straight out of a C63 coupe and offer no lateral support, so the Sparco's will make a world of difference. I noticed that the C has a roomier interior and you shouldn't have the same challenges you were facing in the CLK. Also, look into getting some CF piece for the center console, as the stock one is black plastic and looks rather odd

I think the C63 BS is a great car, was just pointing out the few shortcomings it will come with from the factory. Congrats on your order!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The Modification We Have ALL Been Waiting For !