CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

C Coupe Black Series Viewing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Originally Posted by Carac
I'm willing to bet that has more to do with the relative strength of the Euro and Yen. They even increased the base price of the SLS by 6000 dollars for the 2012 model to recoup some of the difference. The profit margin is MUCH higher outside of the US. The economy was in a much different place in fall 2007 when the CLK was released.
Ya, I don't disagree. I was told that when I ordered my E550 that the allocations were going to Russia and China as there was a bigger profit margin and that's why my dealer didn't have the selection he use to.

USA is still the biggest market and my dealer still gets the most AMG's. SLS's are now a order only vehicle for most MB dealers. Some guys are waiting over 6 mos.
This is the result of a devalued dollar which is a political tyraid I don't want to get into.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10 Cayenne GTS, 07 Porsche 911 Turbo
My stealer in VA has an un-sold red SLS convertible for sale. They also have a beautiful Ferrari 599, a white/blue 06 Ford GTwith 1.3K miles and an 01 RR Corniche convertible with 9k miles. It seems a lot of people in VA (according to the owner) are trading their toys for more practical rides. It's a buyers market!
Old 11-20-2011, 05:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series & 1994 MB E500
First video I've seen from the Laguna Seca introduction. Watching the navigation screen, not sure what the red and green and the #4 is all about. I don't think the 4 signifies what gear he's in because he's going up and down in gears plus the number never changed in the video and I don't think red and green signify if he's on the gas or brakes. My only guess is if it is a lap timer, maybe the red and green signifies that he's ahead or behind his last lapped time. If that is the case that would be a pretty cool feature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMcVrVLfLbs
Old 11-20-2011, 05:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
All it would take for AMG to make a really great Black Series is to lose 400 lbs.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by LOVEMYBS
My stealer in VA has an un-sold red SLS convertible for sale. They also have a beautiful Ferrari 599, a white/blue 06 Ford GTwith 1.3K miles and an 01 RR Corniche convertible with 9k miles. It seems a lot of people in VA (according to the owner) are trading their toys for more practical rides. It's a buyers market!
My dealer has an SLS cabrio coming in that was a special order and the buyer just backed out, dealer told me they would sell it to me for under MSRP. The same thing happemed to them with an SLR cabrio about 3 years ago the car sat and sat and sat until they wholesaled it nearly 2 years later. Can you image having to auction or wholesale a brand new car like that? Obviously the SLS is selling a lot better than the SLR ever did but my dealer is a little gun shy after that mess.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:29 PM

CLK AMG BLACK SERIES (among other German things)
Originally Posted by jrcart
My dealer has an SLS cabrio coming in that was a special order and the buyer just backed out, dealer told me they would sell it to me for under MSRP. The same thing happemed to them with an SLR cabrio about 3 years ago the car sat and sat and sat until they wholesaled it nearly 2 years later. Can you image having to auction or wholesale a brand new car like that? Obviously the SLS is selling a lot better than the SLR ever did but my dealer is a little gun shy after that mess.
You may find this shocking but I paid 17000 odd pounds less than I should have for the SLS

its madness
Old 11-21-2011, 12:05 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 CLK 63 Black Series, 2013 G63, 2014 RS5 Coupe, 2013 JKUR 10A
And my dealer called me to come in and look at an SLS cabrio they had available yesterday. Alubeam Silver w/ red and black interior, ceramic brake package etc. $240K MSRP. Car looks much better than the coupe.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
with the stock market crashing maybe a few more slots will be opening up
Old 11-21-2011, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I follow the FGT market pretty close and low mileage cars are still going for over msrp with a stong demand. What's the dealer asking? The others not so special.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:33 PM

Received 158 Likes on 116 Posts
2018 E63S Wagon
Originally Posted by Jim Brady
I follow the FGT market pretty close and low mileage cars are still going for over msrp with a stong demand. What's the dealer asking? The others not so special.
Yeah, the GT market still kind of surprises me, in a good way. As far as the SLS goes, I see demand of the coupe far outstripping the roadster in the long run. Traditionally later model hardtop supercars are more desirable by collectors, with some exceptions. Almost every review of the roadster tends to have a hint of disappointment with the loss of the doors, that is only balanced by the ability to hear the engine better. Also, a couple of the reviews of the SLS roadster I've seen mention the general public thinking its just the next model SL.

Also, any excuse to post one of my favorite demotivational posters from the web:

Last edited by Carac; 11-21-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by Carac
Yeah, the GT market still kind of surprises me, in a good way. As far as the SLS goes, I see demand of the coupe far outstripping the roadster in the long run. Traditionally later model hardtop supercars are more desirable by collectors, with some exceptions. Almost every review of the roadster tends to have a hint of disappointment with the loss of the doors, that is only balanced by the ability to hear the engine better. Also, a couple of the reviews of the SLS roadster I've seen mention the general public thinking its just the next model SL.

Also, any excuse to post one of my favorite demotivational posters from the web:

That 458 spyder looks better topless than its hardtop sibling as does the Audi R8 convert IMO. Some other roadsters/spyder/cabrios look as if they were an afterthought..."hey, let's cut the roof off of it and call it a spyder" LOL
Old 11-21-2011, 09:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10 Cayenne GTS, 07 Porsche 911 Turbo
Originally Posted by Jim Brady
They're asking $225,000 which IMO is too high and I've told them that. It's Ron Rosner's personal car. Rosner owns at least five different dealerships in VA. He's been selling off his personal car collection lately which I believe is an indication that his business is not doing that well. But, that's just speculation on my part. They want offers on the car and I think $200K would buy it.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

They're asking $225,000 which IMO is too high and I've told them that. It's Ron Rosner's personal car. Rosner owns at least five different dealerships in VA. He's been selling off his personal car collection lately which I believe is an indication that his business is not doing that well. But, that's just speculation on my part. They want offers on the car and I think $200K would buy it.
Heritage models will bring that price. A white/blue stripe car low mileage is in the $175K. There's a white/blue with 68 miles for $185k on FGT forum. White doesn't pull the numbers that a black or silver car does in the FGT world.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by TeamF1Jr
First video I've seen from the Laguna Seca introduction. Watching the navigation screen, not sure what the red and green and the #4 is all about. I don't think the 4 signifies what gear he's in because he's going up and down in gears plus the number never changed in the video and I don't think red and green signify if he's on the gas or brakes. My only guess is if it is a lap timer, maybe the red and green signifies that he's ahead or behind his last lapped time. If that is the case that would be a pretty cool feature.

It's the AMG performance media like in the SLS which records lap times and a sector times which if done right would be great to have for track days. Also real time lateral acceleraton and some other features that are improtant to playstation users.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:41 AM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by TeamF1Jr

That .... and a few other features

http://youtu.be/btmpfArUfiY
Old 11-24-2011, 02:44 AM

2008 CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by WTDoom
I think its a little unrealistic to expect AMG and mercedes to make no progress in 5 years , thats a lot of time my friend ( Look at Ferrari , Porsche et all . Surely Mercedes and AMG are not the dunces of the car community ) .
I love my CLK Black but its not just the aero mate .
Well said!! The CLK-BS stands as a sharp evolution of a great body style that will always turn heads and please its owner every time he sees it, the SL-BS an OTT statement, and at some point, the SLS-BS in a league of its own. The C-BS looks like it belongs at the top of the cars in its range today, and with a few gripes about what the CLK-BS did not have etc, there is way more in the C-BS that more than blows away what people gripped about wanting. Amazing!