CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

CLK 63 Black Series Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series
CLK 63 Black Series Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser

I am selling my CLK 63 AMG Black Series OEM Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser for $950. It is off of my CLK 63 AMG Black Series. To buy this carbon fiber rear diffuser from the Mercedes Benz dealership will cost you a cool $1,800 ($1,720 before taxes). Here is your chance to save big!!! Here is my ebay listing in case you are interested to see pictures of the actual item:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200747057693...witem=&vxp=mtr

Cheers!
Old 04-21-2012, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
What are you replacing it with??
Old 04-21-2012, 11:16 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by Maverick1975
What are you replacing it with??
I am replacing it with a customized aluminum multi-fin (six fins) diffuser to get me plenty down-force for the track and also to minimize drag/turbulance. It is still an ongoing project. I will post pics once the project is completed. I just need to figure out the logistics of incorporating an opening for the rear differential cooler though...that's the toughest part so far...I think eventually I'll get around it though... I am saying tough cause the openings would have to be done not only on the top part of the customized diffuser but also on the top side of the fins as well, as the cooler is a relative big size... We'll see how it goes... So far, car...has Sparco Evo 2 Plus seats (everything had to be custom welded including custom base brackets...spent a good week at a local welder to get the seats welded in), HRE 90s wheels, have cancelled (taken out) 2 rear cats, 2 resonators and also took out two mufflers, and have cut the pipes right after the front cats (right after front two O2 sensors)... car is extremely...extremely loud... No problem with exhaust fumes coming in... (I was a bit concerned about carbon monoxide, particularly being odorless) but everything is fine cause we have welded extra pipes to direct fumes at an angle towards asphalt and rear side. I am in the process of doing Long Tube Headers (custom ones) with a Tri-Y... i just changed the air filters to performance BNC air filters (less oil than K&Ns)... I have not had the chance to Dyno car, but plan to do it in couple weeks. Once I install the Long Tube headers, I plan to do an ECU remap... In addition, I have tried to minimize weigth by taking out eveything you can possibly imagine...from tools, to rear trunk lining to you name it. So far...cars pulls really...really...really hard. Couple weeks ago I came across an SLS...we did three runs... on all three runs from 40MPH to about 100MPH...I left him a good 5-car distance. The guy coudln't believe it. To be honest...I couldn't believe it either... Pics of the car will follow soon... Btw, how do I go about inserting pics on this site? It does not seem to be user friendly to insert pics on the site... I click the "Insert Image" icon to downlad pics...and it says enter URL... (http...). I even tried to go through the album/pics section and tried to download pics to my album...but it constantly fails to upload them. Is there a way where I can just attached the images/pics the old fashioned and easy way?

Last edited by CLK_63_Black; 04-21-2012 at 11:46 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:05 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Item sold!