CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Anyone know going prices on SL65 Black?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 02:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
911 Turbo
Anyone know going prices on SL65 Black?

It's truly an epic vehicle.

Not sure how "collectible" it is. Anyone drive one?
Old 06-20-2012, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
I am actually keeping an eye on the SL Black Series market, I had ordered one new when they came out but then changed my mind becuase I knew the market was going to tank just as the CLK BS prices did. They listed new for just over $300k, about a year after they were released my dealer came to me with a price of about $220k for a brand new one. I have looked at a couple one was $179K and the other was $186K, both were over priced in my opinion for the mileage considering I could have purcahsed new with 6 miles a year ago for $220K. I have seen used ones with a couple thousand miles listed for as much as $205K, these guys are all obviously nuts because there are at least 3 untitled new examples sitting at MB dealerships that I am aware of that can be had for $220-$225K.

I really want to add one to my Black Series collection and I will be a buyer when the market shows $150k-$160k for a less than 5k mile clean example. My guess is by this time next year that's where the numbers will be.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:31 PM

911 Turbo
Great info! Unfortunately I don't think mercedes has been able to create the buzz they wanted around their BS cars and they are fading from memory. The new model SL coming out doesn't bode favorably either (for the resale of older models). I imagine that an SL BS is an attention getter and beast of a car. Although time tends to favor some collector type cars. IE the ford GT or BMW Z8. I would love to get one for about 150K. Any idea on how durable these cars are? I imagine it's about the same to maintain as any other V12 Mercedes turbo. The "normal" cars seem to go through engine mounts with all that torque.

Last edited by ari1856; 06-21-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ari1856
Great info! Unfortunately I don't think mercedes has been able to create the buzz they wanted around their BS cars and they are fading from memory. The new model SL coming out doesn't bode favorably either. I imagine that an SL BS is an attention getter and beast of a car. Although time tends to favor soem cooletro type cars. IE the ford GT or BMW Z8. I woudl love to get one for about 150K. Any idea on how durable tehe cars? I amagibe it's about the same to maintain as any other V12 Mercedes turbo. The "normal" cars seem to go through engine mounts with all that torque.
What are you talking about? The current 2012 C63 Black Series (which I own one of as well) is sold out world wide and they are getting $20K over MSRP for fulley loaded examples. I have been offered $20K over MSRP for mine this week. The new SL has a waiting list a mile long as well, not sure where you are getting your info.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:40 PM

911 Turbo
I don't disagree with you one bit. The new cars are a HIT and there is a waiting list. The issue is the older cars do not have collectors lined up to snap them up.

Trust me I'm with you, I see the "special" in these cars. I just don't think the general car guys are as focused on them.

BTW I have edited with parentheses to better covey my meaning.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:57 AM

WHT BS
Originally Posted by jrcart
What are you talking about? The current 2012 C63 Black Series (which I own one of as well) is sold out world wide and they are getting $20K over MSRP for fulley loaded examples. I have been offered $20K over MSRP for mine this week. The new SL has a waiting list a mile long as well, not sure where you are getting your info.
I agree with some of the points you both make but lest not forget the CLK BS was also selling for 25 to 30k above sticker right when they came out and shortly thereafter were availabel at well below sticker. I know this becuase i bought mine, brand new with 8 miles for 23k below sticker in July of 2008. 2 weeks prior, my local dealer would not budge from sticker price. Economic markets have a lot more to do with the prices of cars nowdays. Guaranteed a C BS will be available at a discounted price in no time. The market on high dollar cars have been and will stay pretty soft for the forseeable future. JR, knowing you, I am certain you didnt pay above sticker for yours. By the way the new SL looks like CRAP in my opinion.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Eitan1
I agree with some of the points you both make but lest not forget the CLK BS was also selling for 25 to 30k above sticker right when they came out and shortly thereafter were availabel at well below sticker. I know this becuase i bought mine, brand new with 8 miles for 23k below sticker in July of 2008. 2 weeks prior, my local dealer would not budge from sticker price. Economic markets have a lot more to do with the prices of cars nowdays. Guaranteed a C BS will be available at a discounted price in no time. The market on high dollar cars have been and will stay pretty soft for the forseeable future. JR, knowing you, I am certain you didnt pay above sticker for yours. By the way the new SL looks like CRAP in my opinion.
I paid sticker for my new one. I don't think the new C BS will take as much of a hit as the CLK did, with only 76 of them coming to the US that makes it nearly 4 times more rare than the CLK. Without a doubt prices will fall then level off just as the CLK has done, CLK prices on average have been hovering in the mid $70k range for well over a year now. I think the drastic and rapid drop in the CLK values had to do with timeing, they were hitting the market in late 2007 just a few months before the wheels fell off the stock market and the US economy. I really don't care about resale since I am not selling or trading either Black Series, but I am keeping an eye on the SL Black Series market because as I stated above when the market values hit the mid $150-$160K range I will be a buyer. I have also already made it know to my dealer that I want an SLS BS when(if) they come out with one.