CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk 63 AMG Black series
Tires

Hello all!

Just curious what road tires you all have had good luck with? The Corsas seem to break away too easily?

Thanks,

Benjamin
Old 07-21-2012, 12:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Originally Posted by Dbloh7
Hello all!

Just curious what road tires you all have had good luck with? The Corsas seem to break away too easily?

Thanks,

Benjamin
Corsa's tend to heat cycle over time and get hard losing grip. With some heat in them there still better than just about anything else that specs for the car. Their availability is now problematic as well as the stratospheric price.

Is it the front breaking away or the rear thats breaking away? If it's the front the tires are shot. If it's the rear it's a horspower problem.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk 63 AMG Black series
Jim,

That makes sense, they seem to be good when I am driving for awhile. It's the stop start in town driving where I think they just cool down too much to get grip. At 1/4 throttle the rears break away. I'm pushing 600hp/575lbs so I know that plays a significant role. I am going to burn through these in no time so was curious what others have put on their black series. Definitely going to plus one size when i do buy new tires. Thanks!

Benjamin