CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Just Posted This On the Porsche TT Board

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 04:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10 Cayenne GTS, 07 Porsche 911 Turbo
Just Posted This On the Porsche TT Board

I'm disappointed in my 07 TT when compared to my previous CLK63 AMG Black Series. It doesn't seem as fast, it doesn't handle as well, it's too tame, it's too predictable, and it's borng to drive.

The saying goes "When you turn your car on, it should turn you on". I always looked forward to the excitement of driving my BS but I don't with my TT. The BS is edgy and brutal and you know you're in a driver's performance car. I don't get than feeling in my TT. It's too bad because the TT is a lot of good things but it doesn't measure up to the BS.

Normally I would try to "improve" my car by adding an exhaust, ECU reflash, shocks etc. but I don't think I'll do that this time. I move through cars too quickly and I always lose money on the mods.

So, what are my choices/options?

1. Find a low mile un-molested BS and drive it, yes but I've already done that.
2. Wait for a used 2012 C63 AMG BS (some say it better than the CLK63 AMG BS) maybe, but it's smaller.
3. Buy a 2011/12 Turbo S, that's a good option from what' I've read and seen posted on this board.
4. Wait for the new 911 Turbo, not a lot of info on this yet.
5. Try to "improve" my current TT, probably the least expensive.
6. Buy a late model Ferrari, if so what model?
7. Grow-up and accept the fact that my 07 is really a great car and live with that fact? Maybe I just need to get used to it and quit comparing it to my BS, but that's hard to do.

Please don't misunderstand the intent my post, I'm just venting. I'm not knocking the TT or your ownership enthusiasm for this car. But, when you've owned as many high performance vehicles (cars, boats, airplanes) as I have you can truthfully compare the TT against the others and reach some conclusions.

Sorry for the rant, but I just can't "grow into this car."
Old 09-02-2012, 11:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
Get your hands on a used C63 BS is my advice.
You WILL NOT regret it.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 G55, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by Maverick1975
Get your hands on a used C63 BS is my advice.
You WILL NOT regret it.
Maverick
Which one you like better on track the CLK 63BS or the C63 BS and why?
Thank you
JV
Old 09-03-2012, 12:21 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes Evo II
imo this is the problem with 4 wheel drive car like the tt rs and the skyline. Sure on a racetrack they will be incredibly quick but not that much exciting to drive like the bs. Remember when jeremy on top gear drove the skyline? However he voted for the clk bs best thrilling ride of the year :-) all rs audi cars are blody quick but 'too easy' to drive unlike a 911 gt3 for example.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
Get a GT3 RS 4.0. I believe that is exactly what you would want out of a car. You will know you are in a driver's performance car.