CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Evosport | CLK63 Adjustable Rear Control Arms

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz AMG
Evosport | CLK63 Adjustable Rear Control Arms

For more info, click here.

Developed for use on its World Challenge AMG Black Series, Evosport Engineering's rear lower control arms for the Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG Black Series allow for easy camber adjustment for street or track use. While the steel OE factory rear arms offer no adjustability, the Evosport arms make camber adjustment easy. This is particularly important for modified or lowered vehicles to allow for increased contact patch, even tire wear in corners and to mitigate rear tire wear for street use. Adjustable to 3.5 degrees of negative camber, these control arms are a must for those who drive their CLK Black Series with spirit. Whether putting the power down in a straight line or taking a high speed sweeper, proper camber significantly tames the CLK63's "tail happy" disposition.

Manufactured from 7075 aerospace-grade aluminum, the Evosport control arms are stronger and 40% lighter than the factory arms. High quality steel alloy spherical bearings create a more direct and responsive feel while allowing for a fully serviceable control arm for the heavy track user. Zinc-coated steel shims in varying sizes allow quick camber adjustment. The unique 2-piece arm is hard anodized for corrosion resistance and an appealing look.

Product Features:
• Direct bolt-on application requires no modification
• Easy adjustment of camber
• 2-piece 7075 aerospace-grade billet aluminum arms
• Stronger and 40% lighter than factory OE control arms
• Hard anodized for strength and corrosion resistance
• More direct and responsive feel utilizing high quality spherical bearings
• Fully serviceable parts for heavy track users
• Zinc-coated steel shims allow for varying camber demands
• Improved rear stability and enhanced look
• 100% made in the USA

Track Tested. Race Proven.

We take performance seriously. Very seriously. The new Evosport control arms for the CLK63 AMG Black Series were developed right out of our Mercedes-Benz World Challenge race program- direct from the race track. This means our products undergo a rigorous development process from initial design, load simulation studies and track testing. Form and function coming together to produce the ultimate product for the most demanding driver. Utilized on our own CLK World Challenge race car where the demands are extreme and durability and adjustability in suspension components is a must.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
I've had the new Evosprport control arms for over a week and I'd like to share my initial impressions.
First, my prior suspension up grades were H&R sport springs and a competition alignment well as much as you can dial in the rear. What I've learned is that stiffening the rear is the wrong direction, and the non adjustability further compounds that the lack of control of the rear. What needs to happen is the rear needs to be softer to allow the car to hook up, so off came the H&R's and on went the stock springs.
I had the benefit of a track day along with the the inital testing Evosport did with a stock CLK 63 to verify that the stiffer springs were not the way to go for faster laps.
The control arms were modeled on the computer with the help of Chris Willis a race engineer to design an improved rear suspension.
The stock control arms give no adjustability which has given the CLK the personality of a tail happy beast.
I noted some improvement with the reinstall of the stock rear springs. After the install of the control arms the car personality changed completely.
First noticeable change is straight line control. Nail the throttle even on a stock BS and the tail fishtails all over the place but it still is controllable..With the improved control arms the launches are dead straight I could do full launches without my hands on the wheel and the car tracked dead straight.
The second noticeable improvement is the better ride which creates allows more confidence
and incredible grip. Nail it in a corner and the rear sticks. You have to drive it to believe it's the same car. Overall a better handling on an already great handling car. I had put up my BS for sale, but with the control arms mod, I'm keeping it. A very worthy modification to be sure.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Jim, great info, thanks. I thought you were getting rid of your CLK? These actually caught my eye and I think there might be some advantages to going with a set even though my CLK has been pretty much retired to full drag race duty. Making over 1000 hp traction is a huge issue for me. Do you know the price of a set of these? Thanks
Old 01-17-2013, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Originally Posted by jrcart
Jim, great info, thanks. I thought you were getting rid of your CLK? These actually caught my eye and I think there might be some advantages to going with a set even though my CLK has been pretty much retired to full drag race duty. Making over 1000 hp traction is a huge issue for me. Do you know the price of a set of these? Thanks
The MSRP is $2999 plus and it requires about four hours labor and alignment for the install. You might check as they were offering some intro pricing.
The key is the set up as they do it on a flat table to get the loaded toe and camber settings dead on exactaly the way they do it on the race car.

I burned a tank of gas testing it on every on ramp we could find with corners. This thing grips like a pit bull and gives you sooo much more confidence it's going to be way faster in the corners. I won't have it on the track till 3/2. My guesstimate is about 2-3 seconds off our lap time.
For the drag racers I'm thinking this would be killer to be able to put down the power.
Jimmy