CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

MB Nubie

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK32
I'll keep an eye out for you next time I am there!
Old 10-14-2013, 12:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10 Cayenne GTS, 07 Porsche 911 Turbo
Agree with all that's been posted to-date. My 997.1TT is more GT-like predicable and compliant whereas the BS is more muscle car-like. My TT is faster and handles better but the BS is more challenging and fun to drive. Perhaps if my TT had a 6-speed vs. a TIP I might have a different opinion. My TT is more comfortable on long drives whereas the BS over the same distance and time (4 hours) will tire you out. However, I do attribute the last statement to different tires (BS Corsa's vs. TT Pilot Super Sports). Realistically as I continue to write this you can't compare them to each other. They are both GREAT cars in their own right and it really comes down to personal preference. My dream garage would have both. That may be soon.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:02 PM

SLK32
Originally Posted by LOVEMYBS
Agree with all that's been posted to-date. My 997.1TT is more GT-like predicable and compliant whereas the BS is more muscle car-like. My TT is faster and handles better but the BS is more challenging and fun to drive. Perhaps if my TT had a 6-speed vs. a TIP I might have a different opinion. My TT is more comfortable on long drives whereas the BS over the same distance and time (4 hours) will tire you out. However, I do attribute the last statement to different tires (BS Corsa's vs. TT Pilot Super Sports). Realistically as I continue to write this you can't compare them to each other. They are both GREAT cars in their own right and it really comes down to personal preference. My dream garage would have both. That may be soon.
The handling is what I am most afraid of loosing. Speed/Power is fun, but nothing beats going around a corner as fast as possible.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:27 AM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Are we talking a stock 996TT being faster and better handling than a CLK BS? I owned a 996TT when they first came out ... back then it was a fast car, but not faster than my CLK and mine was a 6 speed, because I can't stand tiptronics ... as a point of reference, Hockenheim is a horsepower track ... CLK is faster than a 996TT.

My 997.2TT PDK on the other hand was faster ... but turn in was still better on the CLK. Granted, my BS's has more extensive suspension mods and the 997 was only lowered with a more aggressive alignment.

I owned a few Porsche's ... sold them all without any regrets ... but I still own my CLK
Old 10-16-2013, 01:05 AM

SLK32
Originally Posted by SMP
Are we talking a stock 996TT being faster and better handling than a CLK BS? I owned a 996TT when they first came out ... back then it was a fast car, but not faster than my CLK and mine was a 6 speed, because I can't stand tiptronics ... as a point of reference, Hockenheim is a horsepower track ... CLK is faster than a 996TT.

My 997.2TT PDK on the other hand was faster ... but turn in was still better on the CLK. Granted, my BS's has more extensive suspension mods and the 997 was only lowered with a more aggressive alignment.

I owned a few Porsche's ... sold them all without any regrets ... but I still own my CLK
My Turbo has a lot of suspension work and some power mods (tune, bolt ons etc).