CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Has anyone done/review the Renntech 100% rear diff?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 11:43 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
C63BS
Has anyone done/review the Renntech 100% rear diff?

Was curious if anyone has had it done and if so if they had any comments or a link to a review they may have already done on it? Hoping to eliminate some of the "tail slipping out on every turn I take" effect

Thanks!!
Old 01-25-2014, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML63 AMG
I have a 944 Turbo race car with an 80% locker diff. My understanding is that you are pushing power through both rear wheels even when the inner wheel is unloaded. This can result in understeer as you are pushing more from the rear. It also can create increased exit speed from the corner, as you can get the power down. I don't believe, however, that it prevents the back end from oversteering. I think just the opposite. The rear will sometime hop as the diff does its work and oversteer is easily attained with throttle. On the other hand, I have a Lotus Elise with an open rear diff. The inside tire will spin and take away thrust from the outside tire in a corner. This results in a more stable rear end, but less exit speed. The CLK diff is just right as it comes. It all comes down to modulating the throttle to push the Black through the corner without breaking out the rear end. In the Black, if you keep the throttle steady, the rear is planted and the car hugs the corners like no other. Fantastic!
Old 01-29-2014, 07:20 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series
I second the description from R8forCLK63BS. It is important to modulate the throttle on the Black, not a simple task when pushing the G-forces and speeds increase.

Last edited by MOFLO; 01-29-2014 at 08:27 AM.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2008 BS
go for Quaife - lifetime warranty (still covered if you race it)
Old 02-06-2014, 01:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
C32 & C63PP, 203CL
Originally Posted by R8forCLK63BS
The CLK diff is just right as it comes. It all comes down to modulating the throttle to push the Black through the corner without breaking out the rear end. In the Black, if you keep the throttle steady, the rear is planted and the car hugs the corners like no other. Fantastic!
.....and if you have a trottel blip, has the rearend again more stability after a downshift in front of a cam.....