CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

CLK-63 Black Series - A Classic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 07:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 SL-63
CLK-63 Black Series - A Classic

With only just over 350 imported I often wonder where they all are.
You rarely see one on the street and only a few at car meets.
Then I think with it being the first car to be introduced by Mercedes, in their new line of hi performance cars built in their new AMG facility, did Mercedes collectors buy the relatively inexpensive and exclusive pace car for the prestigious Formula 1 Series ?
The last of a dying breed of hi displacement hi HP engines just like we experienced in the US in the 60's, do we have a European automotive icon here ? Being around for the whole explosion of hi performance cars starting in the mid 1960's I see the whole picture.
Europe was late to the hi horsepower car scene. I started with a 1965 fuel injected Corvette then 427's in 1966.
Europe had nothing for me to compete with. Today I wonder how the hell they got so much power out of the magnificent 6.3 AMG motor. The Weekend Warrior would smoke my fastest Corvette and handle better than Trans Am race cars.
Looking at the CLK-63 Black and its place in history I bet many smart collectors have these cars stashed away.
I say drive it, improve it, restore it and keep it alive for all time to impress and enjoy for track days and spirited weekend drives.
Those here who own them have a real automotive gem and are too young to know it. Big Blocks Rule !
Attached Thumbnails CLK-63 Black Series - A Classic-_mg_8746_zpse832018a-1-.jpg   CLK-63 Black Series - A Classic-_mg_8763_zps966b5c7e-1-.jpg  
Old 09-04-2014, 03:07 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series
I couldn't agree more Steve! V8's absolutely rule and make beautiful noise! ;-D