CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

I need New tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK-63 BS
I need New tires

I just bought a CLK-63 BS and need new tires.I'm planning to use the car mostly on weekend with some weekly commuting miles. I know that pirellis are the factory OEM but it's most for track. I might go to track 4 times a year, but I drive hard. Also the tire size it's not manufacture by all mayor brands.
Any recommendations for this strange tire size???
Old 09-06-2014, 04:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 CLK63 AMG Black Series, 2022 BMW X3 M40i
I know what you mean. Not many options out there for the stock CLK63 BS tire size. When I picked up my BS last year, the tires were still originals from 2007. The old set was expired so needed to get something soon if I wanted to do some fun weekend miles.

The stock Pirelli P-Zero Corsas are pricey, but I decided to to buy the factory OEM set. Mainly so I can feel the driving dynamics of the car as it was built from the factory. I wanted to experience for myself the good / bad of the Pirellis before choosing a different brand. Maybe after this new set is worn out, I'll try alternatives.

I think other members here have recommended the Bridgestone RE-11s. Let us know what you find and what experience you get out of the new tires

Last edited by 1V8C55; 09-07-2014 at 08:45 PM.
Old 09-07-2014, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK-63 BS
Thanks for your feedback !

Life is short let's go and try the Pirellis!!

Thanks!