CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

What's a ballpark cost for reupholstering the seats/dashboard?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 03:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series & 1994 MB E500
What's a ballpark cost for reupholstering the seats/dashboard?

I was at a cookout yesterday at my local MB dealership and quite frankly it made me sick how much progress Benz has made in the interiors in 7 years since the Black Series. I was looking at a 2015 C63 AMG S with its black leather with red suede inserts, red stitching, carbon fiber, aluminum, and all of it had a quality feel and by contrast my Black Series looks and feels completely different. It's like our cars were the last generation before Benz Corporate made the decision to make massive improvements in their interiors.

That being said, what's the ballpark price to make my seats have alcantara inserts, change out the stitching to something contrasting and then cover the dash and doors in alcantara with contrasting stitch. Are we talking below $10k? I know there are a few cars out there that have done similar interior mods, so I figure somebody could provide an educated guess.
Old 05-18-2015, 03:28 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK63 BS
I've priced it locally here in DFW and to recover the seats only (both) it was about $1500 depending on material and if you want them re bolstered etc. you can also get the dash and a bunch of other stuff done.

Jpmcoachworks.com is the place to go if you are willing to ship the pieces, these guys do amazing work and started in the Subaru scene.

You should be able to to do everything (whole interior) for less than $4k, and the options are endless.
Old 05-18-2015, 10:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series & 1994 MB E500
Thanks for that link, they do look like they do solid work.