CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Quick Question on Maintenance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 02:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 AMG BS
Quick Question on Maintenance

Service B reminder came on last week, it's been a year since service A (Previous owner, I have the records and everything checked out). Since then, the car has put on only about 1500 miles, mostly by me. This would be my first service with the car. Do you guys recommend that I follow the time interval for service, or go by mileage? The circumstances for this car is obviously unique compared to other MBs since most of us owners aren't putting on a ton of miles, so the regular schedule may not make sense. I know opinions may vary, but I value your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

I usually strictly go by miles rather than time for my previous weekend cars. Otherwise I'd be doing service every 500 miles BTW I don't track the car... cruise and spirited street/twisty driving only.
Old 07-09-2015, 02:59 AM

CLK63 AMG Black Series, Maserati Quattroporte Sport GTS, Porsche GT3, Mercedes G55
I always stick to the recommended services, sometimes do them more often then even required. For a few hundred bucks you can have the peace of mind that everything is good to go!
Old 07-09-2015, 12:27 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series
The oil manufacture says the oil breaks down over time even when the car is parked. Hence the recommendation of changing the conventional oil at 3000 miles or 3 months. If you believe this theory, then change the synthetic oil every 5-6 months or 5000-6000 miles. IMHO, (stagnant) oil break down should takes years not months. Use good quality oil and all will be good.

Also, make sure to start the car and warm it up at least once a month. Coolant and other fluids sitting for a long time don't do well on the metal/aluminum surfaces, rubber hoses, and/or seals. Movement of the fluids keeps everything working well. Just like when the Doctor says we should have at least 30 minutes of exercise a day... LOL!
Old 07-10-2015, 03:42 AM

CLK63 AMG BS
Thanks guys! Much appreciated. Yea I usually try to take it out every weekend. Even when I can't, nothing beats that cold start roarrrrr. I just wish that low rev limit at park/neutral wasn't there.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:42 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series
I wonder if the Weistec (or any) ECU tune removes the park/neutral rev limiter? A drive around the block is better then a stationary rev, even though the sound is amazing!