CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Kmac suspension parts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2016 | 12:39 PM

2007 ML63, 2008 CLK63 AMG Black Series
Kmac suspension parts

I came across some kmac suspension parts for the BS the other day. They look legitimate and I have heard of the company before but never for a amg. Any one use them before? How do they perform?

http://www.eurotoysltd.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1450
Old 01-21-2016 | 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: Army

'99 and '05 E55 AMG
I just installed a rear set on my E55 this past week. Front set to be installed by a shop next week. I cannot speak for longevity but the rear bushings were easy to install if I discount the fact I was also replacing the rear control arms and air bag suspension. The car most definitely drives differently; it is obvious now my rear suspension was suffering at 100K miles.

Kevin in Australia responds quickly to emails and helped me sort out the correct parts from the multiple sets I purchased from another member. Key points: 4mm tooth separation on the center metal piece (vs obsolete 2mm separation), 1.25mm thread pitch (vs the obsolete 1.5mm pitch bolts), extended length nuts, folding lock tabs that bend over the nut to prevent it from loosening.

Some folks had bad experiences with the early KMac kits for the W211 and the above changes were incorporated. Again, contact Kevin and he will ensure you have the latest versions. He even responded to me on a Sunday morning his time to answer a question while I was working on my car on Saturday.

I'll soon find out if I made a good choice but I had to do something about the excessive tire wear.

I plan on posting a writeup about it in the Tech portion of the forum this Friday evening. I'm still editing a 16-page document with photos.... :-P
Old 01-21-2016 | 05:35 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
I have used KMAC on my W210 in the past. Solid product and good company from my experience thus far.