CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Selling my Black Series.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 03:07 PM

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
CLK63 BS
Selling my Black Series.

Stock, no mods, no track, 5th owner. Sale is being handled by Dallas Motorsports. PM any inquiries you may have. Thanks.

http://www.dallasmotorsports.com/web...exas/33444406/
Attached Thumbnails Selling my Black Series.-1.jpg   Selling my Black Series.-2.jpg   Selling my Black Series.-4.jpg   Selling my Black Series.-5.jpg  

Last edited by NYC_Z06; 10-19-2016 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Additional disclosure.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1993 Mercedes 500E
AMG

PM sent.

Thanks

Brian
Old 10-21-2016, 02:57 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series
Clean car! GLWS!
Old 10-21-2016, 03:22 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 Viper ACR
I'd like to bring to light some shady dealings with the seller and the representing dealer, Dallas Motorsports. My brother offered $50k for the car yesterday morning and his offer was immediately accepted. He provided he dealer with a credit card for the deposit, and we arranged air travel from CA and FL to meet at DFW to inspect the car and finalize the purchase on Saturday. This is his first "nice" car purchase, and I have owned more than a few high end cars, so I offered my help in the purchase inspection. This afternoon my brother received a call from the salesman stating the car was sold to someone else for a better price. This is unacceptable.

Regardless of inventory, I will not be making any future purchases from Dallas Motorsports or NYCZ06. Making an extra few bucks at the expense of your integrity is short sighted. Hopefully this saves someone else the hassle and waste of time. Thanks for reading.
Old 10-21-2016, 05:43 PM

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
CLK63 BS
I employed Dallas Motorsports to manage the sale transaction on my behalf. I did not negotiate the terms with any of the prospective acquirers including you or your brother (however, I did agree to include an extra set of rims, were you/your brother to purchase the car). I’ve communicated with the salesperson subsequent to your posting. As my agent, I believe they acted in a fair and rationale manner and certainly consistent with my best interest. Specifically, they accepted the fully committed “as is” purchase as opposed to the contingent offer that could be renegotiated or abandoned altogether without any recourse. They indicated to me that they did not try to persuade you to increase your offer which was below the ask, nor ask you to contractually obligate yourself to a purchase sight unseen. My understanding is that this is scenario is a somewhat unique occurrence, but it’s how they have to handle it in order to protect the seller. I didn’t appreciate this at first, but after having them walk me through it, it reaffirmed my rationale for using an professional agent like Dallas Motorsports because I might have managed (or mismanaged) the process in way that could have left me without a buyer. I understand that might not be the explanation you want to hear, but it’s what happened. Anyone who has done business with me personally would not describe me a shady or dishonest, but I can’t prevent you from posting a critique to the contrary. I’m sorry a transaction could not be accomplished with you/your brother.

Originally Posted by Dewilmoth
I'd like to bring to light some shady dealings with the seller and the representing dealer, Dallas Motorsports. My brother offered $50k for the car yesterday morning and his offer was immediately accepted. He provided he dealer with a credit card for the deposit, and we arranged air travel from CA and FL to meet at DFW to inspect the car and finalize the purchase on Saturday. This is his first "nice" car purchase, and I have owned more than a few high end cars, so I offered my help in the purchase inspection. This afternoon my brother received a call from the salesman stating the car was sold to someone else for a better price. This is unacceptable.

Regardless of inventory, I will not be making any future purchases from Dallas Motorsports or NYCZ06. Making an extra few bucks at the expense of your integrity is short sighted. Hopefully this saves someone else the hassle and waste of time. Thanks for reading.
Old 10-21-2016, 06:16 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 Viper ACR
Originally Posted by NYC_Z06
I employed Dallas Motorsports to manage the sale transaction on my behalf. I did not negotiate the terms with any of the prospective acquirers including you or your brother (however, I did agree to include an extra set of rims, were you/your brother to purchase the car). I’ve communicated with the salesperson subsequent to your posting. As my agent, I believe they acted in a fair and rationale manner and certainly consistent with my best interest. Specifically, they accepted the fully committed “as is” purchase as opposed to the contingent offer that could be renegotiated or abandoned altogether without any recourse. They indicated to me that they did not try to persuade you to increase your offer which was below the ask, nor ask you to contractually obligate yourself to a purchase sight unseen. My understanding is that this is scenario is a somewhat unique occurrence, but it’s how they have to handle it in order to protect the seller. I didn’t appreciate this at first, but after having them walk me through it, it reaffirmed my rationale for using an professional agent like Dallas Motorsports because I might have managed (or mismanaged) the process in way that could have left me without a buyer. I understand that might not be the explanation you want to hear, but it’s what happened. Anyone who has done business with me personally would not describe me a shady or dishonest, but I can’t prevent you from posting a critique to the contrary. I’m sorry a transaction could not be accomplished with you/your brother.
The amount offered relative to asking price, and any contingency with regards to the condition being as advertised is irrelevant. Bottom line, an offer with terms was made and subsequently accepted. That is a verbal contract. If you or the dealer were not happy with said contract, you shouldn't have accepted it. But it was accepted, until something better came along...

My brother wasn't asking for weeks to get his affairs together. We had flights booked within hours of the deal being made, and the transaction would have been complete within 48 hours of the offer acceptance. That is completely reasonable. Of course you're going to say the dealer operated in your best interests, because you may end up with more money, but that doesn't make it right. Like I said, I've bought and sold a lot of cars, and this is a first for me. That speaks volumes.