CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Kicking the tires on the CLK63 BS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porsche 991 S, VW Touareg, Jaguar F-Type
Kicking the tires on the CLK63 BS

Hi all and thank you for the add to MBWorld. I知 in Houston and I have seen a Black Series or two at our local Coffee & Cars and I was blown away by the fantastic stance and the presence of this car even when next to other high end sports cars.

I知 a current Porsche 911 (991S) owner and I知 now in the next car search mode, I want something a little more unique. I was previously locked in on an Audi R8, but after participating in an AMG Academy program at Circuit of the Americas (highly recommended) in Austin I went from a Black Series admirer to a potential owner. I have previously owned a C6 Corvette, Lotus Evora S and now a 911 S. My positive Lotus experience is what is driving more to the Black Series, more of a raw car and a smaller community of owners and appreciation.

As a potential new owner, I would be interested to hear from the community on what their insights have been (good and bad) on owning the CLK63BS and if they have any tips for someone on the hunt for a CLK63 BS. Thank you for your time.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:36 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 C63 Amg
I bought a brand new c63 sedan and have 30000 miles on it and still love it as much as the first day I got it . And then , I read up on and clk63 bs , saw pictures and was in love again . I also was searching for another car , thought about a new z06 , Porsche , etc , and found a 11000 Mile black clk63 bs that was beautiful . I do track days and have tracked both cars . But to date I only track the BS, among all the cats there at track days , the BS is the one that people often come by and look at . So I have both . C63 sedan and a clk63 bs .
Old 07-16-2017, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porsche 991 S, VW Touareg, Jaguar F-Type
Thanks for the insite and congrats on an impressive stable of cars.

At the AMG Academy at COTA, my buddy and I drove lots of AMG models and at the end of the day we both fell in love the with C63. The GT was a close 2nd and we both agreed it was the best track car. However, the C63 was the car we wanted more seat time in.