CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Ex E55 owner interested in CLK63 Black, any flaws?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 07:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 Sl63 AMG, 2005 E55 AMG
Smile Ex E55 owner interested in CLK63 Black, any flaws?

Hey guys, how's it going? Around 5 months ago, I traded in my 1 owner E55 for a 17 STi in search for more performance and most importantly, better handling. While it achieved that, I am having pretty bad buyers remorse and coincidentally while car shopping for someone else, I saw a 1 owner 30k mile clk63 black, and it instantly caught my attention. Anyways my biggest question is do these handle well? Because that was the main reason I ditched the E55 in the first place. It handled like a boat. And I don't really care too much about creature comforts, but would the road noise be worse than a STi? Thanks guys. I really miss my AMG haha.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 Sl63 AMG, 2005 E55 AMG
If it helps, I would plan on tracking this car occasionally, while I would make the STi my dedicated track car. The E55 had such bad brakes for track use and wallowed like a whale so I would like to know if this is like that.
Old 09-17-2017, 07:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series
It's really a matter of preference when it comes to tracking a CLKBS. For sure the CLKBS will handle better than the E55 but maybe not as well as the STi.

There are a few mods you definitely want to have done on the CLKBS before tracking to ensure a good experience and longevity of the motor, brakes, etc. I have done all those on my CLKBS listed here. https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...ck-series.html

The CLKBS is not the greatest at any one thing besides the driving experience it gives you, that is simply priceless...