CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Potential Value Rising?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
06 e55,81SC Targa,08 CLK63 BLK,91 E34 M5
Originally Posted by Mathi
The C63 AMG BS is much younger so I can understand it gives you a more up to date feeling. But more than that...

When I was on the market a year ago to purchase my first BS, I had the choice between a CLK BS and a C BS. The prices were pretty equal so that was not the issue. But in the long shot, the CLK is just that little more that I didn't find with the C. Don't get me wrong, if the time is right I would love to buy myself a C BS as brother for the CLK BS.
I felt same way. But for the price of a c63 you can get a 07 gt3 way better car then c63 about same price now. Imo
Old 12-18-2017, 07:45 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
CLK63 Black
Originally Posted by Manuyc

I felt same way. But for the price of a c63 you can get a 07 gt3 way better car then c63 about same price now. Imo
I'm holding out for the 991.1.
Old 12-19-2017, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Ron Olson
I'm holding out for the 991.1.
nice!
Old 12-19-2017, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Doctodd33
no need to resort to personal attacks and name calling just because you get offended....he has/had both, so his opinion is more valid than yours. To say one car is more "respected" vs another is plain laughable.

And imho if a CLKDTM only sold for 400K, that is not a promising variable in any of these cars value. Seems like 400K is alot less than expected.
I agree with you on the 400k price tag. the car had to imported here from germany as a demo and can only be driven 1500 a year to be able to import it over. plus I think the porsche's are over shadowing the merc cars as far as desirable car at the moment imo. I think eventually merc's will start to pick up value with certain generations. Even bmw's are starting to get an uptick in price appreciation(E30,E36,M3's).
Old 12-20-2017, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 63 AMG Black Series, BMW E46 M3 CS, BMW E30 M3 Evolution, Audi RS4
It was not my intention to get people arguing about what or who's car is better, It was only a way to ask people to choose which car they would sell if they owned either a CLK Black or 997 turbo?
We all are passionate about the cars we own and like and for that your right, otherwise you probably would not have bought them.
Black Series cars are special in their own right but time, new improvements and better engineering always win out when it comes to technology. Hell at this rate you may be able to buy a Hyundai that can out 60 foot a CLK or C63 in the near future,
this by no reason means it is a better car just that time and technology has caught up.

I am concerned that they made vastly more Porsche 997 turbos & GT3's then they made of CLK63 or even C63 Black Series yet simply because Porsche is more widely know for performance then MB or AMG people tend to lean toward them and our cars are left in the shadows. I sold my 997 instead of the BS simply because I can get another easily where as Black Series cars available are either expensive low mile units or worked over drivers I don't think I would like to own.
Hopefully the rest of the automotive society will see what we already know that AMG has made only a few really Badass cars and labeled them Black Series, and not just in SL or SLS form!
Old 12-20-2017, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Snarfdog
It was not my intention to get people arguing about what or who's car is better, It was only a way to ask people to choose which car they would sell if they owned either a CLK Black or 997 turbo?
We all are passionate about the cars we own and like and for that your right, otherwise you probably would not have bought them.
Black Series cars are special in their own right but time, new improvements and better engineering always win out when it comes to technology. Hell at this rate you may be able to buy a Hyundai that can out 60 foot a CLK or C63 in the near future,
this by no reason means it is a better car just that time and technology has caught up.

I am concerned that they made vastly more Porsche 997 turbos & GT3's then they made of CLK63 or even C63 Black Series yet simply because Porsche is more widely know for performance then MB or AMG people tend to lean toward them and our cars are left in the shadows. I sold my 997 instead of the BS simply because I can get another easily where as Black Series cars available are either expensive low mile units or worked over drivers I don't think I would like to own.
Hopefully the rest of the automotive society will see what we already know that AMG has made only a few really Badass cars and labeled them Black Series, and not just in SL or SLS form!
you have any pic's of that E30 to tease us with or me? that's a beautiful car!