CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

How Many Miles is Too Many?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 06:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cars
How Many Miles is Too Many?

I'm looking at CLK Black Series vehicles and am wondering how many miles is too many before they become unwanted/harder to sell. I'm someone that doesn't tend to keep a car too overly long and just wondering how challenging a car would be to sell if it has 50k miles (which is only 5k miles a year...get out and drive these things! )

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-23-2018, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Will you be driving it?

It would be hard to buy one, drive it some, then sell it for a profit or hopefully break even on it....
Old 03-23-2018, 11:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG, CLK 63 Black series, CLS63 AMG shooting brake
There is no specific science on that.... And especially not on the black series market... It's already a small world because there are not that many buyers and sellers on the black series market. If you don't need to sell, don't do it and enjoy it. We see the Black Series market go up and down, sell at the right time (which is not now in my honest opinion).
Prices on cargurus go from $59k for a 39k miles black series till $134k for one with only 861 miles.
Just don't forget this is a very limited production vehicle from a premium car brand... so let us pray, the older they get, the higher the price will be!
Old 03-23-2018, 03:04 PM

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
2016 E63 AMG-S, 2007 FERRARI 430, 2001 JEEP WRANGLER 60TH ANNI. EDITION SOLD 2011 E550 4matic
I remember reading the clk63 dmt, selling for half a billion. Personally I look a value:cost ratio. Obviously also, other factors. I pulled the trigger on my MY2016, E63S beca use it would be the last of its kind and I'm not into the interior of the new one large display case etc. Soft rear end bigger c class etc. For the clk black series being limited production, the owner of one can set a price on it and if someone really wants it they'll pay for it. Really look at the value of what you will be getting out of the car more than an investment, then the cost of the of it to get it. For the investment let that play itself out. Also stock is preferable for collectors and enthusiasts.