CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Need Exhaust Help - Previous Owner Messed it Up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2019, 08:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
CLK 63 BS / E30 M3
Need Exhaust Help - Previous Owner Messed it Up

So the previous owner did some exhaust "work" that was so badly done and ill-advised it made my mechanics shed real tears. Why oh Why any owner would start chopping up a CLK Black Series' exhaust is beyond me. But, that's part of the reason I got a good deal so here's an opportunity to either return it to stock or upgrade it in some way.

What do you guys recommend for both the economy route vs. a performance route? I really don't want it to be so loud it wakes up the neighbors, but sound good enough to turn heads. I felt like the stock exhaust was pretty much exactly that, but now its got aftermarket stuff installed so poorly and falling apart and I need to fix it. I have heard some folks mention ordering a C63 exhaust, can anybody comment on that route?

Spoke with Mercedes today and they said the CLK 63 and CLK 63 BS have the same exhaust part numbers from headers to tips, with the exception of the mufflers.
Only problem is those parts to return to stock cost $5k easily, so would be so appreciative if you other BS owners could chime in and help me out as this has been pretty stressful.

Thank You All!

So bad...

Sticks down so far, they totally f'd up

Look how far it sticks down, no idea what he was thinking
Old 12-03-2019, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
From the photos it looks like you're missing the AMG mufflers, if so I would imagine you're missing the tips too. My suggestion would be to straight pipe from the secondary's (or delete the secondary's if you can still pass SMOG, looks like they may be gone too) and re-add the AMG mufflers and tips. Not sure if the C and CLK are interchangeable, wish MB had a realOEM like site to look it up, but that would be your best bet to go back/retain as much stock like noise. The resonator being gone already is an audible plus but the secondary delete will add a little more volume and a few HPs per the butt dyno. I'm sure that will clean up your sound and not be too loud, my 156's have always retained the stock mufflers with resonator and secondary's deleted, only long tubes add the 150db+ cold starts and obnoxious acceleration noise.
The following users liked this post:
Scooter_McGavin (12-04-2019)
Old 12-04-2019, 08:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
CLK 63 BS / E30 M3
Thank you for the feedback, I'll talk to my mechanic about what you suggested. Mercedes says that while the exhaust parts are interchangeable with the regular CLK 63, the BS has its own Mufflers with unique part numbers and those ain't cheap. But in the interest of keeping the car's value up and getting to a proper setup I can make that investment. Suppose I should ask if anybody has some CLK 63 Black Series Mufflers for sale?
Thanks for the feedback!
Old 12-05-2019, 07:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
76 220D
BS Exhaust

PM me.

Lou