CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Air filters and MBH Motorsports....2 separate opinions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 08:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
Air filters and MBH Motorsports....2 separate opinions?

seems like Renntech and MBH are near me in south florida. Im ISO some mods for my white BS, specifically tune, rev match, and straight exhaust. Air filters are easy enough, and looking for where to get them. Also interested in a straight pipe and tune. MBH has a handheld tuner for MUCH less than Renntech. Maybe headers but didnt want to go all the way with that.

Opinions and first hand experience appreciated.
Old 05-15-2020, 06:38 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
CLKBS
Originally Posted by Doctodd33
seems like Renntech and MBH are near me in south florida. Im ISO some mods for my white BS, specifically tune, rev match, and straight exhaust. Air filters are easy enough, and looking for where to get them. Also interested in a straight pipe and tune. MBH has a handheld tuner for MUCH less than Renntech. Maybe headers but didnt want to go all the way with that.

Opinions and first hand experience appreciated.
chimed in also interested.

Was your previous car tuned with everything?
Old 05-15-2020, 06:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
i posted in the thread below this one that i bought the weistec air filters and removed the charcoal filters behind the stock air filters.and noticed more traction control light going on, and more SOTP feel/throttle response. It's also a bit louder. The weistec filters were about $200 shipped but you may be able to get similar year AFE c63 filters which might be the same for a little less, or K&N for cheaper.

https://www.vrpspeed.com/product-cat...amg-m156-6-2l/

i did nothing to my previous red clk63bs....not even the air filters, in the 7000 miles i owned it. If you search charcoal in this subforum you will find lots of old but good info.

Last edited by Doctodd33; 05-15-2020 at 07:08 AM.