CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

WTB CLK63 Black Series (west coast)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2023, 06:30 PM

Received 109 Likes on 81 Posts
'12 C63BS "SlickTop", '08 CLK63BS, '16 E63S wagon, '12 CLS63, amongst other non-Merc toys
Originally Posted by MercedesDad
Finally, my father and I spent a solid month, clay-bar on hand, preparing every surface for The Amelia. I even painstakingly clay-bared the inside of each wheel, suspension components and fender liners ... stuff that nobody will ever see... before ceramic coating everything.
i've heard that concours judges use q-tip for the clean-test, deducting points from evidence of vehicle owners that actually drive the car, sheesh..
Old 03-13-2023, 06:54 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Doctodd33 here you go ...

The following 4 users liked this post by SMP:
1JDM911 (03-14-2023), Doctodd33 (03-13-2023), duuder (03-13-2023), MercedesDad (03-14-2023)
Old 03-14-2023, 08:17 AM

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts
New, old Mercedes and REAL AMG's.
Originally Posted by SMP
In regards to the fit and finish on the roll-bar, the "welds" alone are fantastic! The fabricator back then at Evosport, his name is Josh btw, did my roll-bar and my X-pipe ... that X-pipe is also beautifully done, and now hangs on the wall in my garage as "wall art" I loved the sound it produced! Shortly before I sold my car, I had it taken out and the stock secondary cats and resonators put back.

Your CLK looks fantastic, and it shows how much effort, money and time was invested! I bet it was drawing a big crowd at Amelia! Both Evosport and Renntech parts are the way to go for these cars. Well done, Sir!
Got any pics of that X-pipe?

It was fun to receive such positive reaction from the public. Folks taking pictures/video with some learning about CLK63 AMG Black Series cars for the first time. Seems as if many Mercedes enthusiasts (particularly younger ones) are just finding out these cars exist!

We even had kids behind the wheel, strapped to the RECARO for ear-to-ear grin photos.

By the way, this car was also displayed at the Ferrari Club of America's "Cars on 5th" in Naples. Mr. Feyhl, owner of Renntech, happened to be in town and came down once he learned that "Speed Yellow" was there. He stayed with the car for a couple of hours, talking to AMG enthusiasts (and anyone who approached him, really) about Renntech and his early years working directly for Mr. Aufrech and Mr. Melcher (the "A" and "M" in AMG). "Gentleman" would be a word to describe him.

While we were there, we were approached by another CLK63 BS owner. His car was not at the event, and I have yet to see it in person, but he stated that he owns a Mars Red BS with a rollcage that looks "just like" mine, but wrapped in matching black leather. What are the chances of that car being one of the handful you knew back then?

Last edited by MercedesDad; 03-14-2023 at 08:48 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by MercedesDad:
duuder (03-14-2023), SMP (03-14-2023)
Old 03-14-2023, 03:31 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by MercedesDad
Got any pics of that X-pipe?

It was fun to receive such positive reaction from the public. Folks taking pictures/video with some learning about CLK63 AMG Black Series cars for the first time. Seems as if many Mercedes enthusiasts (particularly younger ones) are just finding out these cars exist!

We even had kids behind the wheel, strapped to the RECARO for ear-to-ear grin photos.

By the way, this car was also displayed at the Ferrari Club of America's "Cars on 5th" in Naples. Mr. Feyhl, owner of Renntech, happened to be in town and came down once he learned that "Speed Yellow" was there. He stayed with the car for a couple of hours, talking to AMG enthusiasts (and anyone who approached him, really) about Renntech and his early years working directly for Mr. Aufrech and Mr. Melcher (the "A" and "M" in AMG). "Gentleman" would be a word to describe him.

While we were there, we were approached by another CLK63 BS owner. His car was not at the event, and I have yet to see it in person, but he stated that he owns a Mars Red BS with a rollcage that looks "just like" mine, but wrapped in matching black leather. What are the chances of that car being one of the handful you knew back then?
Here you go ...

My friend took the roll-bar out of his Mars Red CLK before he sold it. It still had the H&R springs, though
The following 2 users liked this post by SMP:
duuder (03-14-2023), MercedesDad (03-15-2023)
Old 03-15-2023, 06:49 AM

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts
New, old Mercedes and REAL AMG's.
Originally Posted by SMP
Here you go ...

My friend took the roll-bar out of his Mars Red CLK before he sold it. It still had the H&R springs, though
Definitely made by an expert. The quality of the welds is top notch.