Trade in non-4matic for 4matic?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 02:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS550
Trade in non-4matic for 4matic?

Hi all!

I am the VERY happy owner of a launch edition CLS550. I got the car in July and cannot stay out of it. I drive a lot for work, but on most of my free time I like to hop in the car and take a cruise. That's been fine and all during the summer, but with winter coming up I've been thinking about the whole concept of RWD vs AWD. The dealership just got in a CLS550 4Matic exactly like mine (steel grey, porcelain interior, etc.) and I've been contemplating on whether I should trade up. I never drive on roads with more than a dusting of snow anyway, but do you think I should go with 4Matic? Any advice is appreciated!
Old 09-07-2011, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of course not. The AWD could possibly lose a little bit on the power side(acceleration,etc) and you're driving on light snow that won't stick(Are you near Texas/ATL?..you didn't mention ice so I assume you are not). You have no need for it. I highly doubt you'll have problems during winter that justify the need of awd...but if you want to go the extra mile just in case...get some winter tires.