Pull Over - Car Too Low

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 09:47 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 CLS550 4MATIC
Pull Over - Car Too Low

Well, I got my first error message today, and I think it wasn't actually a real error. I live in a condo building with a very steep decline into the garage, and as I was about to enter, a car was coming out so I moved over and was temporarily stopped on the steep decline at an odd angle. At this point, the "Pull over - car too low" message came on in red for a couple of seconds, and then it disappeared after i started moving again. I immediately parked, and the car was at its normal height with all 4 wheels at exactly the same distance from the fenders. I left the car for about 20 minutes, but I was so worried, that I just got back in and drove around for 20 minutes over some very bumpy roads. I raised and lowered the car and stopped on the parking ramp a few times, and I couldn't get the message to come on again.

I am thinking that because I was at a strange angle on a steep downhill grade, most of the weight of the car was on one wheel, so the sensor may have erroneously detected an AIRMATIC failure. It went away immediately after I started moving and got out of that strange position.

I will look again in the morning to be sure the car has not dropped abnormally and that I don't get the dreaded "vehicle rising" indication, but I just wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts. Most of the threads I found where this error occurs for real involve failure of the struts, and the car looks asymmetric or is sitting on the wheel wells afterwards. I don't think I'll call the dealer unless it happens again.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
11 E550, 05 NSX, 12 QX56, 93 Z32 TT, 12 CLS550
I wouldn't worry about it. Now if you were on an even platform and the vehichle flashes the warning, that's a different story.
Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:11 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 CLS550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by htn75
I wouldn't worry about it. Now if you were on an even platform and the vehichle flashes the warning, that's a different story.
Thanks for sharing.
That's what I was thinking. Hopefully it is an isolated event.

I almost posted over on the W212 forum to see if any owners of the pre-2012 E class had this happen as a fluke...