5.5 BT ECU Tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63
5.5 BT ECU Tune

I pulled the trigger and got my car back this afternoon with the Kleemann tune and the car is noticeably more responsive and powerful. Even though roads were wet, I was able to do a feel a huge difference. According to Kleemann the engine is now producing 660 hp and 700 lb ft of torque. Or slightly more since mine was tuned for 93 octane and not 91.

I had done a bit of research on the various tunes and the decision came down to Renntech or Kleemann. The claimed power output was within a few percent for each and Kleemann’s price, along with Cory’s great assistance, made the difference. I brought the car to Mercedes of Buckhead in Atlanta where, for only an hour’s worth of labor, they took care of the whole process and even gave me a loaner for the two days.

Thanks to Cory Umemoto at Kleemann and Kevin Ingold at M-B Buckhead. Reaching out to Kevin and Cory was the key to my making an intelligent decision. Several of the various dealers spoke about the ECU upgrade improving shifting patterns and other non-engine performance factors. Accurate information from Kleemann cleared up any confusion and gave me comfort in turning over my car for what could have been a potential lobotomy.

Keith
Old 04-20-2012, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63
I know, a before test would have been smart. Anyway, the results speak for themselves.
Attached Thumbnails 5.5 BT ECU Tune-keith-csl63.bmp  
Old 04-21-2012, 09:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 CLS550 4Matic
Sounds like a great experience... thanx for sharing.