parking brake like turns on when foot pedal is bumped 2012 CLS 63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 cls 63 amg
parking brake like turns on when foot pedal is bumped 2012 CLS 63

Parking brake light on dash illuminates by bumping parking brake foot pedal while getting in or out of the car. The foot pedal sticks out about a centimeter beyond the door frame and it has minimal resistance for its first three clicks, therefore, a simple bump or touch moves it. I can turn this parking brake light on by touching the foot pedal with my pinky finger. After I purchased this car, I went to the AMG driving academy at Lime Rock. While driving their CLS 63 AMGs, they warned all of the students to make sure that the parking brake was released every time they got in the car. This tells me that this is a known problem. I relayed that story to my dealer, so they decided it was normal and didn't do anything about it. The shop foreman was also made aware of this. He said he checked a few other cars and they were the same, so, this is "normal". This issue will be addressed with the factory rep on Weds.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
E55, SL63, ML550
anything else to complain of? It is then "as designed" therfore "normal"
Old 06-18-2012, 10:09 PM

2012 cls 63 amg
Shifter, Thanks for your help. I though MB might want to correct a design flaw even if it was "as designed". oh well.
Dub-ya
Old 06-19-2012, 02:21 AM

CLS55
I swear. All ur posts are nothing but complaints. Try posting in the AMG section for once and see if u get sympathy there. Its as if U don't like your car and if all ur posts do is complain, then sell it!