B&O stereo upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 12:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 Kleeman; CLS63 Renntech; Kirkham 427S/C; 308 GTB; 911T 3.0 911 cab 3.6
B&O stereo upgrade

Has anyone seen or heard the B&O stereo upgrade? I know hat it is expensive, but I am curious as to how it sounds and whether the screen/interface/controls look different than the stock H&K stereo. I am also interested in knowing how much trunk space is lost.

Thanks
Old 07-15-2012, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking at CLS 550
I listened to a SL550 I believe it was 2012 model with the B&O in it. If you are a stereo buff or simply love music and have the money, then I'd do it. When I get a CLS it will definitely be one of the options I include. Very bright highs, clean, fast and deep lows, and all that is in the middle was spot on. If anything, you will see more of your music out of these speakers. And when I demoed them, the salesman cranked it so loud my head was hurting and my wife was outside joking how our heads were bobbing to the music but couldn't hear a thing out of the car. So it also very well insulated sound wise. I don't think you can go wrong even if you were to error on the side of safe than sorry. Hope that helps.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 GLE63S Coupe , 2012 Volvo XC60 R-Design, 2000 TRD PreRunner (heavily modded)
Originally Posted by Lew L
Has anyone seen or heard the B&O stereo upgrade? I know hat it is expensive, but I am curious as to how it sounds and whether the screen/interface/controls look different than the stock H&K stereo. I am also interested in knowing how much trunk space is lost.

Thanks
In the order brochure, it says that the spare will be relocated above the floor of the trunk. If that's the case, that's a major amount of space being gobbled up.