Installing OEM AMG door pins on 2012 CLS550?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS550 4Matic
Installing OEM AMG door pins on 2012 CLS550?

I have seen COUNTLESS posts about people with other MB models.. E class, C Class etc..

Does anyone have experience with a 2012 CLS550 and getting ALL FOUR of those darn AMG door pins to fit flush with door when locked so that the car doesnt look CHEAP?

I hate the car poking me in arm when i drive with arm on windowsill..

i have ordered TWO sets of door pins.. after checking with AMG:

Front door pins part # A0007660228
Rear door pins part # A0007660328

I got a really good deal on Ebay for OEM pins from a dealership ($39 bucks each) and want to install all four.. I am new to San Francisco and feel like If i walk into the service department they are just going to rape me on price or tell me that installation can not be done.. (According to AMG on Facebook.. flush pins with door is illegal in US)

Anyone have experience with our model car in getting this done? or better yet.. know of a place in SF i can take all four pins to to make SURE it is done safely and carefully?

Thanks guys! really appreciate any help! new to forum here!
Old 08-21-2012, 07:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 Lotus Evora S
I had the same question...see my post on the AMG forum...

http://www.mercedes-amg.com/privatel...ight=door+pins
Old 08-21-2012, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS550 4Matic
I wasn't able to see that post on AMG forum. asked for VIN # of an AMG car which I don't have... am I missing something?
Old 08-21-2012, 10:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 Lotus Evora S
You need to be an AMG owner to be a member of the AMG private lounge I guess. I copied the main extracts of the discussion...doesn't seem that easy. Somewhat contradicting but I hope it helps.

For the CLS, the listed PN is correct, but those screw-on type pins only work on the front, not the rear. The rears require different pins AND removing the door panel to install them. That PN is A000 766 0328. There is a risk of breaking the connector when installing the rears, so be warned. Re: pricing, I paid ~$60 shipped to my door for the front pair using get mercedes parts dot com (sounds cheesey, but it's actually just an MB dealership in Annapolis that has a website to order parts).

As a side note, all MB SVUs that I've run across use two pairs of the screw-in type fronts (0228), not unique front and back pairs.

But make sure you do this mod (at least the fronts).
I ordered 2 front door pins for my 2012 C63 AMG Coupe from my Mercedes dealer. Part# A000-766-02-28.

To remove the "old" pins, I wrapped a piece of cloth around the "old" pins and used pliers to unscrew them. Then, all you need to do is screw the "new" pins back in. Easy and clean

Here is what happened. The front pins unscrewed like described in the previous posts. The rear door pin unscrewed at the lower end of the threaded rod inside the door panel. Plus even the front door pins are to short for the length of the threads.
Strange! It worked fine for me. Granted, I only had to deal with front doors since I own a coupe, but the "new" pins were a perfect replacement. In fact, after I removed the plastic pins, I put them side-by-side to the new ones just to confirm they were the same size and that the thread length was also the same.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 Kleeman; CLS63 Renntech; Kirkham 427S/C; 308 GTB; 911T 3.0 911 cab 3.6
On my C63, the fronts screwed in. They were longer than the rears. The rears pulled off (there was a ball and socket type fitting). Not sure if they are the same, but they look the same.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'09 SL Black, '12 ML63, '13 SL63, '14 E63 Wagon, '14 458 Italia
Most of those quotes from the AMG PL are me. Short story is the fronts will screw on / off, but the rears are very involved on sedans and require removing the door panel, etc. Tough to justify doing it yourself, as there are parts that can (and usually do) break in the rear as the pins are switched.