Mercedes Caliper Covers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Mercedes CLS 550
Mercedes Caliper Covers

One thing that's always bugged me is the front breaks on the 2012 CLS, have 'MERCEDES' stamped onto what is either the actual caliper, or possibly a caliper cover. While the rear break caliper is an ugly clump of exposed metal. For a vehicle at this price point, I'm surprised they didn't accessorize the rear accordingly. So, I'm thinking about adding either 'red' or 'silver' caliper covers to all 4 wheels as a cosmetic upgrade.

From everything I've read, and from 16,000 mi of experience with the vehicle, the 550's breaking system itself is more than adequate, so no need for a complete mega expensive overhaul. That said, I know absolutely nothing about calipers or caliper covers! Any tips or suggestions on how to best proceed? Thank you!
Old 03-25-2014, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

14' CLS550
Ok the front brakes are lovely 4 piston calipers(most likely made by Brembo) definitely not some cover. If you don't like the word Mercedes on the caliper, just sand it off and repaint any color you like, put your own custom decal or leave it plain. As far as the rears I feel the same way, I wish they matched the front. I plan on painting the calipers within the next month and debating on even doing the rears because I don't want them to stand out anymore than they already do. I wouldn't do caliper covers, not on this caliber car, Its just as bad as having those ugly small calipers in the rear.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:04 PM

2012 Mercedes CLS 550
NO! I love the 'Mercedes' stamp. Just wish they'd done the same to the rear is all.

Point well taken on adding the caliper covers. Had a hunch many would view it as tacky. Not sure how I feel about it myself, which is why I'm floating the subject.

Thanks for the feedback bigigg.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:02 PM

05 SL500
thought i would share this here....on a BMW forum someone posted his pics of HIS REAL BREMBOS in the brembo caliper cover thread. he cleverly posed as one who installed covers. needless to say the abuse and ridicule this guy got.the pics he posted were large and crystal clear- they slammed real brembos,thinking they were covers...so....
i think the only person who should like YOUR car is...?

Last edited by COMEINPEACE; 03-30-2014 at 12:07 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

14' CLS550
Anyone who has seen the actual covers should know they look nothing like real Brembos.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:01 PM

2012 Mercedes CLS 550
Originally Posted by COMEINPEACE
thought i would share this here....on a BMW forum someone posted his pics of HIS REAL BREMBOS in the brembo caliper cover thread. he cleverly posed as one who installed covers. needless to say the abuse and ridicule this guy got.the pics he posted were large and crystal clear- they slammed real brembos,thinking they were covers...so....
i think the only person who should like YOUR car is...?

I've spoken with several Mercedes owners, a MB dealer rep, as well as two custom shops here and they said fundamentally what you've articulated. Basically, it's what makes you happy that counts.

However, to the person, they each would not add the covers if they owned the vehicle.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:07 PM

2012 cls550--2012 srt8 jeep--2014 e350--2014 cla 250
The fronts are made by brembo they have brembo engraved on to the top and look nice in my opinion its the rear that kills it. MGP makes caliper covers for the e550 but no listing for the cls .. I think they are the same but not sure
Old 11-04-2014, 01:59 AM

S550
Deep Blue CNC Machined Calipers Covers by Caliper Synergy.
Attached Thumbnails Mercedes Caliper Covers-img_8580.jpg   Mercedes Caliper Covers-img_8571.jpg  
Old 11-05-2014, 01:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RRS Supercharged and CLS550 (W218)
Originally Posted by calipersynergy
Deep Blue CNC Machined Calipers Covers by Caliper Synergy.
Not my cup of tea but I'm sure your product will appeal to some people.......definitely a lot nicer then those cheesy plastic ones I've seen. No disrespect to your business, but I don't see you guys fairing well in the industry with a price point set that high for caliper covers .
Old 11-27-2014, 01:24 AM

S550
Originally Posted by rrsupercharged
Not my cup of tea but I'm sure your product will appeal to some people.......definitely a lot nicer then those cheesy plastic ones I've seen. No disrespect to your business, but I don't see you guys fairing well in the industry with a price point set that high for caliper covers .
Thanks for your honest opinion, we are definitely trying to upgrade the Caliper Cover reputation.