Airmatic Suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2014 | 07:51 PM

2014 CLS550
Airmatic Suspension

I recently installed 20' Vossen wheels on my CLS. I don't want to lower my car I'm not comfortable messing with it in that way. Sometimes the car sits pretty low and other times it sits higher. Ill get out sometimes and hear the air releasing which means its lowering. Is there anyway to have to car sitting as low as possible all the time? I just don't understand why sometimes I'll look at it in my driveway and its lower and other times its a bit higher. BTW, I know about the button that brings it up and down and I always have it on down.
Old 05-08-2014 | 10:59 AM

20 GLE450, 16 C450, 15 GLK350
My '13 CLS is in the shop because the airmatic suspension got stuck in a lowered position. No warning message, but I started bottoming out on speed bumps and then noticed it was a few inches lower than another CLS I parked next to.
Old 05-08-2014 | 02:56 PM

G-Class
Originally Posted by nyy13lal24dal9
I recently installed 20' Vossen wheels on my CLS. I don't want to lower my car I'm not comfortable messing with it in that way. Sometimes the car sits pretty low and other times it sits higher. Ill get out sometimes and hear the air releasing which means its lowering. Is there anyway to have to car sitting as low as possible all the time? I just don't understand why sometimes I'll look at it in my driveway and its lower and other times its a bit higher. BTW, I know about the button that brings it up and down and I always have it on down.
Switching between Comf to Sport mod will lower your vehicle a little more. However, I would suggest lowering your vehicle with LOMO M1 and have it installed by a shop.

By the way would love to see some picture of the CLS and the Vossens!
Old 05-08-2014 | 04:20 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mercedes-AMG
Check out our lowering module for the CLS. It works very well and gives you full control of the airide.

http://www.renntechmercedes.com/www/node/229
Old 05-09-2014 | 08:12 AM

'13 CLS550, '17 Q7, '11 G550
I think when the car is not on, the airmatic does not always leave the car at the same height - sometimes you'll hear the air releasing after the car turns off etc. But if the car is running, it should be that same all the time (outside of you adjusting it within the car). I would check to see if the car is the same height while running.

I thought the same things as I put in dogbones to adjust the suspension lower and getting the sides even was driving me crazy as I was measuring while the car was off. Then I noticed when you turn the car on, it would self adjust a bit everytime.
Old 05-09-2014 | 02:11 PM

2014 CLS550 4Matic
I would suspect that being an airbag suspension system with air lines, fittings, compressor, etc. that they are similar in concept to heavy truck airbag suspensions that do indeed leak over time and settle lower on whatever suspension stops are in the system. Then when the car is started and compressor builds up system pressure, all ride height settings are returned. Its very difficult to have a totally leak-free air suspension system with part tolerance and build variabilty so it would make sense that the cars do lower over time (lose air) and that it would happen faster in some cars than others.