Just Got my '14 Magno Cashmere White

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 04:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS 550
Just Got my '14 Magno Cashmere White

Not sure how to attach pictures but hopefully it worked.

I love the color, and took me awhile to find it. I wanted an AMG, but couldn't find the color I wanted, so I settled on the 'mild' 550. It's got everything except distronic (love), and the wheel package.

Any ideas for upgrades / mods?

It has 18" wheels (yuck), so that will be the first to go. Any thoughts on style? I'm thinking a matte grey/black look with red calipers if I can figure out how to do it. Or if I'm lazy just get the AMG wheels and call it a day, or powder coat them if I want later, if possible.

Tint, obviously. That's going on tomorrow.

I'm a sucker for low end grunt, so a Renntech tune may be going in very soon. Should make up for the AMG void I'm trying to fill. Plus our MB Dealer puts them in, so can't beat that. Does anyone have any experience? I really don't want to sacrifice ANY drivability/comfort.

And depending on difficulty, upgrading the sound. Stock system is descent but midrange is wayyyy to harsh for my taste. I would love to EQ it down, but the on board EQ only has a simple treble/bass adjuster, which is disappointing for a car of this caliber (unless I missed that setting)? If I can get the harsh mids dialed down, I'd be satisfied, and maybe just add a single 12" in the trunk.

As far as mods go, am I missing anything obvious? I'm fairly new to MB, but so far so good!
Attached Thumbnails Just Got my '14 Magno Cashmere White-image.jpg  
Old 05-27-2014, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 188 Likes on 118 Posts
...21 GLE53 24 GLE53
You forgot about replacing the front fender side marker lights to clear. That's always job one.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:35 PM

2012 CLS 550
Ah good call - I didn't even notice that until you said something.

How does one go about doing that? Do you know of any guides and/or what parts I'll need?
Old 05-27-2014, 10:14 PM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE 450; 2010 Chevy Corvette Convertible
Great looking car ... Can't wait to see it with new wheels!
Old 05-30-2014, 07:27 PM

2012 CLS 550
I've got an appointment to get the tint, debadge, and clear side markers set for Monday. How dark should I go on the tint? I think legal limit on the front is 43% in Utah, but I would like to go darker, maybe 30% if I can talk them into it. 20% on back and rear windows too dark? The guy also recommended tinting the tail lights or something to match. I'm not really sure what he was referring to, but we'll see.

Renntech ECU goes in on Wednesday, installed by the local MB dealership. $2950 installed. Not too bad for basically similar power to the AMG, with no loss in drivability. I don't know why everyone doesn't do this.

Dealer wanted over $10k for the AMG wheels, so I'm going to need to either find different wheels or try to find some used ones. No way I'm paying that much.

I'd like to get the calipers painted red or something more aggressive, but I noticed the rear wheel calipers aren't the same style. Any ideas on this?

I'm also getting some aluminum wrap on the interior where the black ash wood is located across the dash. I've always had my cars like this and MB doesn't offer it from the factory.

Mid June I'm getting a custom stealth subwoofer box installed in the trunk. The audio is good in the car, just needs a little more oomph in the sub bass frequencies. Mids are way too harsh for my liking so I'm going to see if I can get some type of EQ to balance it out. Not sure if there's a way to do this.

Anything else obvious I'm missing?
Old 01-14-2015, 10:56 AM

CLS550
Let's see some updated photos, Daudi81...