2015 CLS 63 AMG S bumper/ plus grill

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 01:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 550
2015 CLS 63 AMG S bumper/ plus grill

After owning my (new to me ) 2012 CLS 550 a few months im ready to start modding. I originally planned on leaving it stock but I may sell my 6 series and my S4 and purchase a DB9 this summer. Next week I'll be tinting the white on the tails, downpipes, flow master mufflers, lowering links and ECU tune. I may do a matte aluminum grey or satin black or indigo matte metalic vinyl wrap and tint all the chrome copper but that's depending on what wheels I choose.

All of these mods will give the car a look I desire but I feel something is missing with the front. I've priced body kits and although I spend a lot on mods for my cars, I refuse to spend over 10k for a body kit. Recently I came across the new 2015 CLS 63 amg S at my local stealership and just fell in love with the front bumper and grill. I know past model bumpers are interchangeable but after talking to the parts guy im not to sure. He informed me that there is a 2 inch difference and I would need to replace the entire front end to make it work. Really? I can't see mercedes making that many drastic changes to the body, sure I may need to work in the bumper brackets but I'm not sure I would need to replace what he says to make it fit.

The parts guy said he would order it for me but naturally I could not return it if it does not fit... Should I pull the trigger? Does anyone have any information regarding figment? I'm sure adjusting the area with the new aggressive air ducts may be an issue but I belive it still should fit. My salesmen suggested that I just trade my low miles CLS in and just buy the new CLS 63, the owner would sell me the car at cost but at $110k it would seriously deter my Aston Martin dreams.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RRS Supercharged and CLS550 (W218)
I'd say just leave the front end as is on your 2012 and enjoy the car for what it is. I don't feel it's even worth the effort to change the look with all the unknowns regarding fitment. No matter how you change the look.....it's still a 2012. If you really like it that much I'd say just ditch the 2012 and pick up the 2015.