So few aftermarket pieces for C218...Why?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 11:08 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
CLS550
So few aftermarket pieces for C218...Why?

So I've had my CLS550 since early April. In my quest to find tasteful, reliable, & high quality aftermarket parts I've noticed that the market is damn near non-existent. Very few companies are making aftermarket pieces for this car. I can find CLS63 parts all day long & twice on Sunday, but it's been slim pickings for the 550. Looking for a carbon fiber front splitter, 2-3 choices. Looking for a carbon fiber rear diffuser, eBay crap. The one thing that I can consistently find is a carbon fiber rear spoiler. I just find that as a tease. I can understand the 63 having more performance mods available, but I don't understand the lack of visual mods for the 550. I know the main reason why manufacturers refuse to produce certain things is because they don't feel there is a demand/market for it. But when I search the forum I see plenty of 550 guys looking for the same exterior/visual mods as myself & the 63 guys. Can any of you guys/vendors help me understand this? It's pretty frustrating to say the least.
Old 09-17-2015, 10:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bicycle
Originally Posted by darkgable79
So I've had my CLS550 since early April. In my quest to find tasteful, reliable, & high quality aftermarket parts I've noticed that the market is damn near non-existent. Very few companies are making aftermarket pieces for this car. I can find CLS63 parts all day long & twice on Sunday, but it's been slim pickings for the 550. Looking for a carbon fiber front splitter, 2-3 choices. Looking for a carbon fiber rear diffuser, eBay crap. The one thing that I can consistently find is a carbon fiber rear spoiler. I just find that as a tease. I can understand the 63 having more performance mods available, but I don't understand the lack of visual mods for the 550. I know the main reason why manufacturers refuse to produce certain things is because they don't feel there is a demand/market for it. But when I search the forum I see plenty of 550 guys looking for the same exterior/visual mods as myself & the 63 guys. Can any of you guys/vendors help me understand this? It's pretty frustrating to say the least.
Funny you mention this. My cousin and I have cls550's as well and can't find much. We were looking for the rear diffuser but the only one that comes up is for the cls63. They have plenty for the 63... Maybe the demand for the cls550 is very little. Well, just look at this section there isn't much action lol.
Old 09-17-2015, 04:32 PM

CLS550
I agree, it isn't much action. But when I search the forum for certain things that I'm looking for I see plenty of the 550 guys looking for the same thing. If all else fails I'll just add the 63 rear diffuser. I just don't understand why they can't make parts to fit both. I was looking on Prior Design's & Misha Design's websites last night & both of their diffusers work on the 63 & 550. To find that is very rare. I doubt I go with either of those brands because I don't like their front splitters & I want the car to look balanced from front to back.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:56 PM
SPONSOR

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
C190 GT C
We have all of the pieces you are looking for in stock at our CA warehouse. Additionally, for the diffuser you can use the CLS63 diffusers (such as our Renn style), you will just need new exhaust tips. PM me if you have any questions.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:25 PM

CLS550
Originally Posted by RW Carbon
We have all of the pieces you are looking for in stock at our CA warehouse. Additionally, for the diffuser you can use the CLS63 diffusers (such as our Renn style), you will just need new exhaust tips. PM me if you have any questions.
Thank you sir. I only thought your rear diffuser would fit the 63. This is great news. I plan on going to a Meisterschaft GT exhaust anyway. So the quad tips would be one of their applications.