interior "wood trim" inserts replaceable?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 09:56 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Merc CLS550
interior "wood trim" inserts replaceable?

I am wondering if it is feasible (reasonable cost) to replace the various dash and door etc wood trim pieces (such as the burled walnut) on these cars with alternative colors/looks?
Old 05-05-2017, 02:14 PM

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
07 TL, 05 350z, 08 MDX
can it be done, yes. Is it reasonable, depends on how much money you have. For instance, on my wife's ML400 the passenger side front door wood panel broke. I looked up the part and it was about $176 for that one piece. If you did that x 4, plus the dash pieces, plus the console and other misc pieces you might be in somewhere between $600-$800. Thats assuming the CLS pieces cost about the same as an ML. Then, will you be doing it yourself or paying the dealer or someone else to replace? I would only consider it if I had the black interior w burl walnut color, meaning i'd change my burl walnut to the black wood look. Since my color is almond interior then the burl walnut works for me, but i do wish it was all black. Either way, good luck, and if you do convert please post before and after pics.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:17 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Merc CLS550
thanks--but since I posted--I bought a CLS with the Black /ash interior (black dash--black ash inserts and oyster upholstery
think I posted this when I was chasing a black interior which has the burled walnut which I just don't like