Rant on new CLS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 12:04 AM

Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts
'21 E63S4S in glorious Brilliant Blue Magno
Rant on new CLS

I am just going to rant.

TL ; DR - 7 months to get new CLS, and the paint is ruined.

Ordered a new 2017 CLS 550 4matic in September. I was told the car would be here in 3 months. It took 7 months. That made me angry.

Then when it shows up, the lease deal is awful. I mean just awful. So I tussle with the dealership, finally get it to a decent point.

Then, one hour before I am to pick it up, dealer calls. There is a little "issue" with the paint. WTF? You didn't notice this before?!?!?!

Get to the dealership - there is a huge burn down the side of the rear driver-side door, like somebody poured paint thinner down the side of the car.

Their answer "oh I am sure that will buff right out." Ummm, no. This is a designo Selenite Gray Magno, so its not like some regular paint job.

So, then they offer to fix it. "We'll get you a loaner." Get over to the service shop. "We have no loaners."

Aaaaand, we're done here.

Sheesh. Sigh. Thanks for listening to my rant.

I am not going to buy the car. At this point, I am so frustrated with them. I don't care if they fix it or not. Fortunately, I did not put down anything.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:15 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 E550 cabriolet and 2017 CLS 550
WTF?? I ordered my '17 CLS550 in October '16 and it arrived in three months (Bay Area). Since you don't have any money in it, in my opinion, you should walk. I wouldn't trust the car (or the dealer). Who knows what happened to it or where?