Finally bought a CLS

Old 05-11-2017, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 CLS550
Finally bought a CLS

Been wanting a CLS for many years now. I started looking about 6 months ago and decided to go with a 2014 CLS550. I drove many, looked at them as far away as 500 miles. Drove CLS63 amg-s (too much of a rough ride, but loved it). I finally bought one about 2 hours from me. 2014 with 12000 miles, one owner, only thing it didn't have was distronic. It was purchased in December 2013 so it has warranty for 6 more months. The original owner was repossessed at 1600 miles and the dealership manager used it since and put 10000 miles on it over the last 2.5 years. It had all maintenance done by the dealership. I had drove it two months ago and decided to wait. It was still there this week, they were not trying really hard to sell it. So I texted the salesman that I had dealt with 2 months prior. He no longer worked at that dealer (fired), but was willing to answer questions on the car and told me it was cherry and no secrets involved. Needless to say, I drove it home and love it. Only negative I have noticed so far, the engine, with hood open, makes more noise (like from belt area) than I thought it would. I only notice it when I open hood. Any ideas? Is it just a little noisy? Second question, what can I say if I want to take it to the local Mercedes dealer if I want to get it checked out under warranty? Say it stumbles? Missing?
Old 05-11-2017, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 CLS550
One other thing, the bluetooth cuts out, like every 30 seconds. Only a brief cut out, but enough were I can hear how bad my own voice is when the car is silent? Is this just the way it is, or is this something an update may fix? iPhone 7 user.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 256 Likes on 202 Posts
2019 E300
First of all, congratulation on your new CLS. the V8 is pretty a pretty loud engine, have you compare it to another CLS and see if it sounds the same? My Bluetooth does not cut out, maybe you should try to re-link it, If you can demonstrate the problem to the dealer, they might be able to fix it. The important thing is to document all your problems with the dealer before your warranty runs out.
Old 05-20-2017, 09:46 PM

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
07 TL, 05 350z, 08 MDX
Congrats on the car. I also have a 2014 and mine does the same thing w the Bluetooth cutting off. For me it does it when I am listening to music over Bluetooth. I have an iPhone 6plus and haven't had time to go to the dealer. Let me know if you get your issue resolved. Thanks.