Start Up Sputtering

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 02:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Infiniti g37xs
Start Up Sputtering

Only does it when doing the cold start. I let the engine run for 10-15 seconds to return to the optimal temperature so it is no longer running at the cold start rpms. Once i put the car into drive the car slightly sputters for several seconds. Its not enough to be jerky, but enough to make me have some concern. This usually lasts for around 15-30 seconds, half mile or so. It does seem to go away and only do it after the cold starts. Should I put a can of Techron through the system? My car has 40k miles on it.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
06 CLS500, 07 GL450
Originally Posted by Heyrozz
Only does it when doing the cold start. I let the engine run for 10-15 seconds to return to the optimal temperature so it is no longer running at the cold start rpms. Once i put the car into drive the car slightly sputters for several seconds. Its not enough to be jerky, but enough to make me have some concern. This usually lasts for around 15-30 seconds, half mile or so. It does seem to go away and only do it after the cold starts. Should I put a can of Techron through the system? My car has 40k miles on it.
From my experience of owning other mercedes like they all did this on cold starts without letting it warmup. Either turn key or push start and go it would feel like your letting up and pressing even though you have it pressed. Happened in my w211, w219, and present w218. Happened in my wife's x164 and present x166.