Airmatic suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 12:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 CLS550
Airmatic suspension

just curious, but does everyone else's car let pressure out after parking? Mine always blows air out. It doesn't really drop but just like lets out a relief valve or something then it engages the air pump the next day when backing up.
Old 12-17-2017, 07:11 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 R350 & 2012 CLS550
Completely normal, at least it is for my car. My daughter has made a number of jokes about the car "passing gas". It's endearing trait - for the car.

Best,
Eric
Old 12-17-2017, 09:40 PM

2014 CLS550
Originally Posted by embassured
Completely normal, at least it is for my car. My daughter has made a number of jokes about the car "passing gas". It's endearing trait - for the car.

Best,
Eric
Thanks man that's what I thought. I'm taking it in for service on Tuesday and the parking brake release is broken. I was just thinking hmmm before warranty is up maybe I had better ask. This car without warranty scares me. Even though, the only warranty work ever done on it will be this week with the parking brake release. My guess is something came loose and prevented it from disengaging. I had to pry it up last week by hand. I was like well it's either that or it has to get towed so I just forced it.
Old 12-17-2017, 11:07 PM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
2012 CLS 550 Launch Edition
Yeah my suspension does that too.

The parking brake release you mention is a common issue. My dad has an 2011 E-Class and has just had to have his parking brake fixed. He was just saying that mine will be about ready to be fixed too.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:08 AM

2014 CLS550
Originally Posted by TNTim
Yeah my suspension does that too.

The parking brake release you mention is a common issue. My dad has an 2011 E-Class and has just had to have his parking brake fixed. He was just saying that mine will be about ready to be fixed too.
That's nuts. I only have 17K miles on mine and barely use the parking brake. But I guess if that's it. It's better than most cars.