Anyone with CarPlay?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 02:18 PM

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
2016 CLS550 4Matic
Anyone with CarPlay?

if so, can you adjust the HK EQ Settings for the audio? Like tweak the treble/bass/mids? On my 2016 w218 with CarPlay, I have no such option and the audio is flat and lifeless.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:31 PM

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
2016 CLS550 4Matic
I figured this out... just for reference in case people are searching on this in the future...

Even though EQ settings are not available when my iPhone is connected and CarPlay is active, I was able to insert a USB stick with an MP3 file on it into the CarPlay USB port and the system allowed me to adjust the EQ for that USB port to my preference. Then when I reconnected my iPhone to that port, the EQ settings remain set to my preference. So the key to setting up your audio settings on CarPlay is to do it with a non iPhone source connected to the USB port first, then connect your phone. Makes sense now that I think about it. Although it would be a lot easier if Mercedes just made the EQ settings available in the Mercedes App Car Play menus that are available when you’re in CarPlay mode. It’s a bit bizarre that no one seems to know this... I asked my dealer to solve this and they apparently updated the COMMAND software but that didn't helped and they were stumped.