Previously tuned ECU?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 12:46 AM

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts
2011 E550
Previously tuned ECU?

Hi guys, so I saw another thread in the w212 section of a dude who was wondering if his ecu was previously tuned. I didn't think much of it, and then for whatever reason a couple of days later I started thinking, could my ecu have been previously tuned? I bought a Cpo 2014 CLS550 end of February, and I love the car don't get me wrong, the design, the power, all beyond intoxicating. But I really did begin to wonder, since I had also bought an extended warranty for the next 3 years, I didn't want my money to go to waste Incase my car was tuned, and something catastrophic happened to the Powertrain. So my question to you guys is, is there any way to tell? I know some tuners raise the speed limit, so I went to Mexico and tested my limiter, and it stopped at 133 on the dot. I was relieved, until I found out some tuners don't even raise your limiter unless you ask for it, thus here I am plowing at my poor iPhones screen in desperation lol.
Old 06-05-2018, 04:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 93 Posts
The best or nothing
Don't worry.
Old 06-05-2018, 10:44 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2013 CLS550
It is my understanding that if you buy a CPO it will have been flashed to update the CPU anyways.....I'm not an expert but this would have wiped out the old tune. My advice?? GET THE TUNE and unleash this awesome engine