Air Suspension?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cls 550
Air Suspension?

I have a 2012 CLS and once in awhile when I park, I'd hear a short burst of air from the air shocks . Also sometimes, not often when I park the back wheel is low, but as soon as I start it, it rises to the right height. It drives really well with little under 48, 000 miles. I don't drive it a lot but when I do its usually about less than 50 miles a week. Should this be a concern and if so, how much for parts and labor. BTW, I wont go to a dealership, I have a mechanic who has a body shop that strictly works on Mercedes. I was gonna ask him but I thought I'd get the heads up first from you guys first.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:00 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2013 Mercedes CLS550 RWD
Originally Posted by eltyshaun
I have a 2012 CLS and once in awhile when I park, I'd hear a short burst of air from the air shocks . Also sometimes, not often when I park the back wheel is low, but as soon as I start it, it rises to the right height. It drives really well with little under 48, 000 miles. I don't drive it a lot but when I do its usually about less than 50 miles a week. Should this be a concern and if so, how much for parts and labor. BTW, I wont go to a dealership, I have a mechanic who has a body shop that strictly works on Mercedes. I was gonna ask him but I thought I'd get the heads up first from you guys first.
That's perfectly normal for the CLS 550 2012+. As long as it is not dropping so much that your rear tires are being tucked in the fender, its all good.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:09 PM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
2012 CLS 550 Launch Edition
Mine had a leaking strut when I bought it which meant the car dropped on one corner when it was parked and locked (the suspension doesn't 'rest' when the car is unlocked). I believe the part was $600, no idea what labor was as it was fixed under warranty.

You'll hear a hissing sound when you park, that's normal and isn't from a faulty strut.

I came back from a 3 week vacation recently and both rear struts had dropped but as soon as I start the car it's fine. I haven't seen it drop since so I can't be bothered trying to fix it.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cls 550
Originally Posted by Acidic Reflux
That's perfectly normal for the CLS 550 2012+. As long as it is not dropping so much that your rear tires are being tucked in the fender, its all good.

Thanks for the response