Need Fuse Box Diagram

Old 08-02-2018, 07:56 AM

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
C43
Need Fuse Box Diagram

On my recently purchased 2012 CLS, there is no power to the 12v and USB inside the center console. I searched the web (don’t have manual) and found a rudimentary listing of fuses, tracking down #71 in the trunk mounted fuse box as “Power outlet, cigarette
lighter”, which was indeed blown. Replaced it and still no go, but the center console (front) cigarette lighter socket by the ashtray now works (honestly not certain whether it worked before or not).
Is there a separate fuse for 12v & USB in the center console? If so, which fuse? If not, any other ideas?

The only other electrical gremlin is the fact that the high beams don’t engage when pushing the stalk forward. They do work fine when pulling the stalk back so presumably not a fuse issue there but it is a PIA to manually hold the stalk back on a dark drive on country backroads. Any ideas on what to check??

Last edited by Shotime; 08-02-2018 at 07:57 AM. Reason: added content
Old 08-02-2018, 11:16 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
2014 CLS550
Originally Posted by Shotime
On my recently purchased 2012 CLS, there is no power to the 12v and USB inside the center console. I searched the web (don’t have manual) and found a rudimentary listing of fuses, tracking down #71 in the trunk mounted fuse box as “Power outlet, cigarette
lighter”, which was indeed blown. Replaced it and still no go, but the center console (front) cigarette lighter socket by the ashtray now works (honestly not certain whether it worked before or not).
Is there a separate fuse for 12v & USB in the center console? If so, which fuse? If not, any other ideas?

The only other electrical gremlin is the fact that the high beams don’t engage when pushing the stalk forward. They do work fine when pulling the stalk back so presumably not a fuse issue there but it is a PIA to manually hold the stalk back on a dark drive on country backroads. Any ideas on what to check??
I bet your high beams work fine. Push the stalk forward... and wait. There's an auto dim feature and it takes a second to calibrate.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:01 PM

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by mschamberger
I bet your high beams work fine. Push the stalk forward... and wait. There's an auto dim feature and it takes a second to calibrate.
Tried that but no go. On a good note, I was able to find the fuse diagram with the spare and discovered another blown fuse. Replaced that and the center console lighter socket now works by the USB still is non operational. Guess I’ll have to troubleshoot further.
Old 08-03-2018, 10:28 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
2014 CLS550
Originally Posted by Shotime

Tried that but no go. On a good note, I was able to find the fuse diagram with the spare and discovered another blown fuse. Replaced that and the center console lighter socket now works by the USB still is non operational. Guess I’ll have to troubleshoot further.
Good luck. Sorry about the high beams, It Took me forever to figure out I had to leave them on and let them come on in their own sweet time.
Old 07-25-2019, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 glk 350
Hello. i currently have the same issue. Do you know which fuse it was that you replaced? Thanks