Can I reset Mbrace myself without going to the dealer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 C AMG 43
Can I reset Mbrace myself without going to the dealer?

The former owner did not cancel her 5 year free concerge service. I have been told I ned to go to a dealer to get her name off the Mbrace. Can I reset it myself, or not?
Old 08-08-2018, 01:38 AM

2018 C AMG 43
Guess not, dealer only for a 2018
Old 08-10-2018, 01:20 PM

2018 C AMG 43
I recieved an E-mail from Mbrace saying it was the third and last chance to activate my Mbrace. I decided to try once more, so I pressed the ( I ) button and connected with a rep, I told her this was the tird time I tried to connect, but was told by another rep I would have to go to a dealer to get the previouse owner's info wiped. I told her the dealer wanted to charge me $160 to do it , and that I really didn't think it was worth the money, plus the car was a 2018 and it should have been connected under warranty. She said OK, she could activate my account, and she did. She said just download a new copy of "Mercedes ME" from the playstore and update my info on it. She gave me my account number, and all is good. Guess it just depends on who you connect with at Mbrace. Remote start is a blast, especially here in Arizona where it gets to 115* in the summer.