New owner! and a few questions...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 01:13 PM

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts
W218 Stage 2, E85
New owner! and a few questions...

Hello, Benz ppl.
I've been with Benz cars for a while now. Have a C250, E350 (W221, lowered on coils and 20s with e63 front end), and now the CLS550. It took a while to find a kinda low mileage black CLS for the right price.
I've been reading around other forums here on what others have done to their cars. There are a few things that I want to do as well such as: chrome delete, sider markers delete, debadge, and all that tiny stuff. Also, since it sits right under the sun for pretty the whole day, I've heard the Ceramic Coating prevents any paint/clear coat oxidation no matter how long it stays under the sunlight? Some sites claim that it will shine your paint like no other, I hardly believe that's true. I've also been with people who say buy a different wax for the black paint, a black wax. I've found no such evidence that a black wax makes it any shinier than other good waxes. Colored waxes were used back in the day before the clear coat was a thing. But is that still a thing?

Towards the end, anyone who has done Ceramic Coating on a black CLS, come forwards and if you can give me some details if it's worth it or not?
Old 10-04-2018, 11:54 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2013 Mercedes CLS550 RWD
Although my car was not black I had ceramic coating done to my CLS and I honestly believe it was the best investment I made on my car. I am a freak about car cleanliness and paint safety, and ceramic coating made my life super easy. My advice is only get it done from approved detailers - Ceramic Pro, CQuartz - Both are great companies with great products. Make sure to keep it away from rain, tree sap for at least first week and in sun as much as possible and you are good to go.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:03 AM

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts
W218 Stage 2, E85
is it something that you can DIY? Is it hard for a DIY?

How much was the labor cost for your coating?