Active multicontour driver's seat question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 09:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
cls550
Active multicontour driver's seat question

I've got a 2014 w/this option. Driving the other day I hear a hissing sound - lasted 4-5 secs loud enough to be heard over the radio. At the next turn I notice the "primary" lateral bolsters (only one red light lit on the controller) don't inflate. With two red lights lit on the controller, the "secondary" bolsters did inflate. Took it to the dealer, the technician wasn't sure he could teproduce the problem but was willing to replace the airbag assembly. Took two weeks to get the necessary parts and in the meantime it seems as if the problem has at least partially resolved itself. All bolsters seem to inflate though I swear they're still not fully inflating.

Anyone else with this? I'm grateful the dealership is willing to do the repair but worried about damaging my seat trying to fix a problem that may fix itself.

What would you do?
Old 12-13-2018, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
CLS550 4Matic
Originally Posted by kaetamer
I've got a 2014 w/this option. Driving the other day I hear a hissing sound - lasted 4-5 secs loud enough to be heard over the radio. At the next turn I notice the "primary" lateral bolsters (only one red light lit on the controller) don't inflate. With two red lights lit on the controller, the "secondary" bolsters did inflate. Took it to the dealer, the technician wasn't sure he could teproduce the problem but was willing to replace the airbag assembly. Took two weeks to get the necessary parts and in the meantime it seems as if the problem has at least partially resolved itself. All bolsters seem to inflate though I swear they're still not fully inflating.

Anyone else with this? I'm grateful the dealership is willing to do the repair but worried about damaging my seat trying to fix a problem that may fix itself.

What would you do?
Happened to me too a few months ago. No damage to the seat and an easy fix for the dealer. Seems pretty common. Mine was the left side giving out
Old 12-13-2018, 11:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
cls550
Good to know it's easy to repair. I may wait a little longer and see if they fully inflate.
Thanks for your input.